• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My NCX vs Ducati 2015 Ducati Multistrada & Hypermotard...test rides

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I test drove 3 Ducati's today, two of them being the Hypermotard and the new Multistrada. The Hyper wasn't bad but for the money the NCX is easier to mount, and a bit more nimble for me. Also the Hyper I was given had a fuelling issue that caused the bike to shudder and even buck a bit every time I tried to ride a constant speed, in all modes and practical rpm's.
The new Strada.... I actually think my NCX is more comfortable, especially after adding the SW Motech on/off road foot pegs. I thought the bars on the Strada were too wide, the seat was uncomfortable, and so was the angle and reach to the pegs. In normal riding, the Strada also felt a bit Neutered? That might be the appropriate word. I was also happier in my decision to have traded my 2012 Strada for a 2014 Victory Vision.... but that may be for another forum.
I am thinking, however, how much I like the Monster 1200. :D
Anyway, just my personal takeaway from todays ride.
Eric:)

If ya just gotta try something Italian the new Aprilia Caponard Adventure looks pretty good.
The NCX can be a fairly comfortable bike, though. After 10,000 miles under a 300 lb. behind in the hot sun the factory seat is even beginning to break in.

I GO BY THE dUCATI AND klm shops ever now and then but when I look at the sticker (2 - 3X) the total investment in the X with accessories, I appreciate the X more and more. Now you youngsters with hormones jumping out the two brands may have appeal way beyond the price. Saw an older with a very young girlfriend (almost like a daughter but definitely not his daughter) on a new Ducati and it seemed to add to his persona...I'm too old for anything to help me in that manner but he was obviously enjoying the Ducati edge.

I think I've at least gotten to age where electronic wizardry seems more of a pita to figure out. I do like the Monster though, but I regret having traded my 696. There wasn't much gizmo to it. It had ABS, an engine seat 2 wheels and a suspension. THe LCD dash took getting used too. Lots of choices on those dash's these days....lol

Back