• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My playground

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought you guys might like to see the kind of roads I play on daily here in SW Ohio. Should be perfect for the NC 750 DCT don't you think?

4ogVqAX.jpg

DMRUljK.jpg

GFVmRzM.jpg

WEGOy5q.jpg

lFV8RAG.jpg

YkgoFNt.jpg

mc6Ojkj.jpg

Vx0N6BE.jpg

Yt8ey3d.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up my 2012 NC700x with 2k on it in Wheelersburg OH last month. I drove up from Raleigh NC and thought man there's some great roads up here when you get off the highway. We've got great roads as well but you have to head west toward the mountains to enjoy them. Thanks for sharing.

NC is right at home in the curves!

Here's one of my playgrounds, about 30 minutes from my house.

Be sure to watch in 1080p HD

Wow . Just one question TacomaJD. With your riding abilities and track experience why do you choose to ride a NC? Would you not be more inclined to ride a sport bike???

Wow . Just one question TacomaJD. With your riding abilities and track experience why do you choose to ride a NC? Would you not be more inclined to ride a sport bike???
Well...I used to ride sportbikes. Got my first one back in 2005 after graduating high school. Went through a few of them. In 2007, I bought a brand new Kawasaki ZX10R, got into track days, eventually working my way into riding in Advanced group. Also rode a lot on the street too. Had a freak crash on the interstate March 7th 2010, went into a bad tank slap, collided with a guardrail and got flung into the woods, and ended up losing my left leg below the knee. And that knee is trashed too, so it won't bend past 90 degrees. Hence why I'm on an NC now. I rode cruisers after recovering from the wreck, because I have to have something with feet-forward leg positioning since I can't bend my left knee far enough to ride a sportbike. And obviously I can't shift gears. Well I do on my current cruiser, by throwing my fake foot over the top of the shifter and yanking up on it, and that actually works quite well. So I have the cruiser and 2 DCT NC's, one for street, one for track.

Funny thing is, I didn't learn about the NC until 2 years ago.....had I'd known about them, I'd probably have bought a brand new one as soon as they debuted in 2012. But oh well, at least I can ride them now! I have an offset highway peg mounted on the left side front frame rail to accommodate my lack of range of motion in my knee. The NC is tall enough and slender around the engine bay where the highway peg is mounted, that it has plenty cornering clearance and doesn't drag. Of course on my track bike, I've drug the kickstand, exhaust, original pegs, etc. But I've modified the kickstand, put a 30mm riser on the right side peg, removed the standard left peg since I don't use it, maxed out preload on rear shock, got forks rebuilt with new springs and gold valves, and can get around the track at a considerable pace without much dragging going on now, but I'm still limited in how fast I can go on the NC because I could easily drag more hard parts cornering lower. It's just not built like a sportbike, and I accept that, but It's still plenty fun to ride. Just wish it was faster.

I may end up building something else one day like a Ducati Hypermotard or something like that. Similar size and dimensions to the NC, more power, better brakes and suspension, lighter weight, but I'd have to install an electronic shift solenoid. Pingel makes one that can be had for around $1k, but Pro Shift, a company out of the UK owned by an amputee, makes the best electric shifter.....but they aren't cheap. $2-3k or more depending on what model you get. Pro Shift offers a system that has the ignition interrupt for clutchless upshifts and the throttle blipping module for clutchless downshifts. And it's a pain in the ass to get the shifter set up and working correctly, there's various problems those systems can have, etc. It's just easier to stick to the NC because the DCT is pretty darn reliable.

Last edited:
Dammit...you made me miss living in PA. Instead, I am stuck here in crappy SE VA where the only hills are over high rise bridges and the only curves are the on and off ramps of the highways...unless you count having to swerve to keep from getting run over on the highways. Six years can't go by fast enough.... In the meantime I will just have to make my dad dust off one of his Harley's for me when I visit home this summer.

The benefit though is being able to ride year round without having to contest with single digit temps on a daily basis during the winter months.

The benefit though is being able to ride year round without having to contest with single digit temps on a daily basis during the winter months.

That would be nice

I rode in Pa for a week last September. Some great roads over there.umm 44 and 144 were great.

Last edited:
Well...I used to ride sportbikes. Got my first one back in 2005 after graduating high school. Went through a few of them. In 2007, I bought a brand new Kawasaki ZX10R, got into track days, eventually working my way into riding in Advanced group. Also rode a lot on the street too. Had a freak crash on the interstate March 7th 2010, went into a bad tank slap, collided with a guardrail and got flung into the woods, and ended up losing my left leg below the knee. And that knee is trashed too, so it won't bend past 90 degrees. Hence why I'm on an NC now. I rode cruisers after recovering from the wreck, because I have to have something with feet-forward leg positioning since I can't bend my left knee far enough to ride a sportbike. And obviously I can't shift gears. Well I do on my current cruiser, by throwing my fake foot over the top of the shifter and yanking up on it, and that actually works quite well. So I have the cruiser and 2 DCT NC's, one for street, one for track.

Funny thing is, I didn't learn about the NC until 2 years ago.....had I'd known about them, I'd probably have bought a brand new one as soon as they debuted in 2012. But oh well, at least I can ride them now! I have an offset highway peg mounted on the left side front frame rail to accommodate my lack of range of motion in my knee. The NC is tall enough and slender around the engine bay where the highway peg is mounted, that it has plenty cornering clearance and doesn't drag. Of course on my track bike, I've drug the kickstand, exhaust, original pegs, etc. But I've modified the kickstand, put a 30mm riser on the right side peg, removed the standard left peg since I don't use it, maxed out preload on rear shock, got forks rebuilt with new springs and gold valves, and can get around the track at a considerable pace without much dragging going on now, but I'm still limited in how fast I can go on the NC because I could easily drag more hard parts cornering lower. It's just not built like a sportbike, and I accept that, but It's still plenty fun to ride. Just wish it was faster.

I may end up building something else one day like a Ducati Hypermotard or something like that. Similar size and dimensions to the NC, more power, better brakes and suspension, lighter weight, but I'd have to install an electronic shift solenoid. Pingel makes one that can be had for around $1k, but Pro Shift, a company out of the UK owned by an amputee, makes the best electric shifter.....but they aren't cheap. $2-3k or more depending on what model you get. Pro Shift offers a system that has the ignition interrupt for clutchless upshifts and the throttle blipping module for clutchless downshifts. And it's a pain in the ass to get the shifter set up and working correctly, there's various problems those systems can have, etc. It's just easier to stick to the NC because the DCT is pretty darn reliable.

Well thanks for the reply. I am glad you are still able to ride and that the NC fits your needs. I didn’t really mean to pry but some of your videos that I have watched I have noticed that you are on another level of riding compared to myself lol. Take care and best wishes!!!

Well thanks for the reply. I am glad you are still able to ride and that the NC fits your needs. I didn’t really mean to pry but some of your videos that I have watched I have noticed that you are on another level of riding compared to myself lol. Take care and best wishes!!!
No worries there! Never bothers me to chat about it. And I appreciate the kind words. :cool:

Back