• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My pokeball route

How does that pokeball work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the screen you see your present location on a map, Google Maps data, so you have streets and outlines of buildings.
As you walk around Pokémon appear and you use these clamshell balls to catch them. You throw the ball at them with your finger.
To replenish your supply of balls you go to a PokeStop. PokeStops are located generally at some kind of significant location like a church, mural, city hall, etc.
At gyms, also located at significant locations, you battle each other with the Pokémon you have captured. Different Pokémon have different powers and strengths. If you defeat the opponent at the gym then you leave a Pokémon there to defend the gym (computer fights with your Pokémon against the challenger so you don't have to be there).
There are other aspects to the game like gaining experience points to level up which has benefits like being able to capture stronger Pokémon. There are a lot of different Pokémon so you want to try to get new ones.

It is fun to play. I play with my college age daughters and their friends and boyfriends so it is nice to have something to connect with them.

Dct

Pokemon means pocket monsters. It basically an imaginary treasure hunt where you capture little artificial reality monsters. There is nothing physically there.

Yes, the DCT is excellent for this. No need to find neutral. The bike sits still if you just let off the clutch.

I do this route on my DRZ 400 sometimes, and it's nice because it is so light and can go anywhere. But the DCT is less fuss.

It is kinda like geocaching with Pokemon.

Homepage | Pokémon Go

I'd compare it to something more like Ingress. I'm a geocacher. The only thing the activities have in common is you drive to significant locations or not. Geocaches can be underwater, on top of mountains, or under the ground in storm drainage systems plus you are searching for a physical object that may or may not have been hidden in a very creative manner. In geocaching, its all about physically laying your hand on the container which is sometimes easier said than done.

I can see how the flexibility of riding a motorcycle could be useful while engaging in the activity. I use my motorcycle to geocache and understand how using a motorcycle would be useful with Pokémon. On a motorcycle, it is much easier to find a parking spot and maneuver through city streets.

Many of the NC riders on this forum have a phone mount to use navigation. The primary reason I installed my phone mount was for geocaching on the bike. I would recommended you do the same if you plan to use your bike to play Pokemon. I have never played the game but I'll assume it has a navigate feature. When you select a Pokestop, is there an option to navigate to that location which uploads the location to Google maps? Geocaching apps do this. Having the phone mounted comes in real handy here. Unless you know your area really well, it is hard to navigate to specific locations without your phone mounted.

I have gotten a good laugh out of this Pokémon game a few times. Many geocaches are hidden in wooded areas. Several times lately, when I am exiting a tree line, I have had a car load of kids stop and ask me if "I got him". The first couple times I said "got what?" and they replied with "The Pokémon". LOL! Nope, no Pokémon for me but it is obviously a popular game.

Enjoy yourself with the game but be safe while riding and occasionally looking at your screen because that is the moment when someone will pull out in front of you. Just saying. It's happened to me a few times.

I don't use a mount, though I know some people do. I put the phone in my pocket, ride to the next Pokestop, take it out, use it, and put it away again. The temptation to play while moving would be too strong.

If I am actually catching Pokemon, I get off and walk.

Trying actually catch them while riding would be difficult. I idle along in first gear in parking lots and downtown. Our downtown is basically deserted at night. Also is easier to whip into a parking spot and get back out than with my truck.

Only one part doesn't work above around 10mph. It has a distance tracking feature that tracks how far you walk and hatches, from eggs, Pokémon for you. The rest works but as you go faster you see fewer Pokémon and you have to have fast fingers to trigger PokeStops. When you get above around 20mph it pops up warning that you are going to fast and you have to click that you are a passenger.
Idling along in first gear I mostly stay under 10mph. I've gotten better at slow speed maneuvers. Yes technically that is cheating but in my defense I'm still recovering from nerve injury and can't walk a lot. Also can't ride the bike for very long either. When I'm with my daughter, a passenger operates the driver's phone.

There was a recent update where a warning pops up that prevents you from playing if you moving too fast, but you can just say "I ama passenger" and it will let you play. I only know this because there is a battery saver that is supposed to shut it down if you invert the phone. If it doesn't work I get the warning, even though the phone is in my pocket.

I only go to Pokestops on my bike. I go after Pokemon on foot.

As I say in the video, it is handy on a motorcycle to be able to go from a parking lot to an alley or vice versa.

Back