• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

mystery connector front left

"" What I’ve generally read is that fuse rating should be 1.25x max current draw (or one could say it should be 125% of max current draw). A 7.5 amp fuse would thus _imply_ a max current of 6 amps on that circuit. That assumes many things, but my point is that it’s unwise, IMO, to plan to load a circuit close to the amperage the manufacturer fused the circuit at. ""

The fuse is to protect the conductor feeding the device. So if it were a 14 guage wire, you can use a 15A fuse,
However the point you are making is that you should use a fuse 125% of the expected load is so you dont pop a fuse with peak inrush current that is close to the fuses's value. At some point the 6 A fuse would fail after being stressed multiple times. Can always use a fuse lower than the conductors rating, eg 7.5A for 6A load on a 14guage wire, instead of 15A.
Just mentioning not to fuse a circuit above the conductor's rating. If you use a 16 guage wire, you need to limit the current to 10A max eg.

Davido83 did the math for the Xprite lights to find the amps they draw and I came to the conclusion I'm OK.
Watts/Voltage= Amps. So each 10 watt Xprite light draws approx. 0.83 Amp. With heated grips at 2.8 Amp (max setting), this gives roughly a total of 4.5 amps, well below the 7.5 Amps fuse rating.

Back