• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mystery Windshield Mounting

WestcoastKid

Reaction score
Visit site
I was recently shopping on Amazon for bike parts and stumbled across a very interesting looking windshield mounting system. One guy with an NC posted a picture of his newly installed engine guards, but I was more intregiued with his windshield mounting. I'm hoping someone on the Forum can identify who makes this even though only half of the component is shown in the photo. It would be cool to have the option of adding wind deflectors on the sides like this. Definately looks like a factory fabricated part rather than a home made mod.

Mystery NC Part.jpg

I think its Madstad.
Looks like the one installed here.

Also, it looks like the wings might be able to install on the stock windshield which would be cool.

Madstad

mZn5EJLNQqan0ki6bPCYWw.jpg

I'm interested in the wings. Can they be mounted on the stock mounting bracket? It looks like they line up with the stock holes.
Also how effective are they and what are they blocking wind from? Lower body or handlebars?

I'm interested in the wings. Can they be mounted on the stock mounting bracket? It looks like they line up with the stock holes.
Also how effective are they and what are they blocking wind from? Lower body or handlebars?
On my 2015 they mounted right in the original holes. The wings blocked wind against my lower torso. Where the shield is fixed in the bracket will affect how they manage wind. The wings are fixed while the shield slides up and down about 3” in the brackets. Wind coming around the bottom corners encounters the wings. At 5’ 6” and an 18” tall shield, I adjusted mine much lower than for example Melensdad’s above.

Do they sell just the wings? I couldnt find anything on the website except this which looks different.
Says this only works with full shield.

I was thinking of trying the wings with a smaller windshield.

Why not buy some Perspex and cut it with a jigsaw? not trying to be cheap just practical.

Back