• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC NC Riders (NC Squared?)

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I'd start a thread for those of us living in the Research Triangle and just beyond so that we may communicate and set up rides and such.

It is supposed to be nice this weekend (June 29-31)

I will probably go for a ride on Saturday, three hours or so. I can either head up through Northern Durham, over to Hillsborough and Burlington for a hot dog and then home via Saxapahaw, or head over to the other side of Pittsboro and putz around the farmland over there. I will probably leave from west Raleigh around 10-10:30 (let the sun warm up a little) and be home by 2 or 3. If anyone is interested or has a better idea...let me know.

The research triangle is in between, Duke, UNC, and NC State. (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) During the 60's, the state set up the area as a research center and early tenants were IBM and Glaxo. It is still a hub for technology and bio-pharm.

Considering going to the VIR bike race 9/16-17:
Champion Cup Series Fall CycleFest of Speed - Sep 16 at Virginia International Raceway

$15 in advance for 2 days. I would like to camp out on the grounds (is free and simplifies some things at the expense of schlepping camping equipment), but might get a hotel room. 200 miles from my base in New Bern. This is a beautiful road course facility and a lot of fun. Casual atmosphere with freedom to go anywhere including pits. Is NOT a NASCAR level event.
Anybody going? Would like to meet some fellow NC riders.
Jim

I can't do VIR but I was glad to see this thread pop up again... would like to meet up with some local riders before it heads into winter in a few months

Hey netizen. I have never seen an NC in NC other than mine and one in the showroom. Glad you responded. You, me, and drdubb are the 'onliest ones I knows of'.
I really want to do this, so will likely go. Also want to go to Blue Ridge Parkway and to NY before it gets cold. Let's stay connected.

I just moved (just over to Durham), sorting things out. Hopefully I will get out some in the next few weeks. There's been talk of going up to KSL in Oct. If i get to a point I can commit, I might start a thread. The Bill City Rumble is next Saturday. Might cage over there to see the bikes. Always intetesting.

I just moved (just over to Durham), sorting things out. Hopefully I will get out some in the next few weeks. There's been talk of going up to KSL in Oct. If i get to a point I can commit, I might start a thread. The Bill City Rumble is next Saturday. Might cage over there to see the bikes. Always intetesting.

Yes! KSL October! Can we do around Oct 21? Is the weather still good then?

Last edited:
Hey all. I haven't been on this forum in a while but am glad I checked it this morning - nice to see some local activity (I'm in Durham).

@JimbosToys - I was also thinking about going to VIR that weekend, but just for the day on Sunday because I've got other things going on Saturday. I went once last fall for a day of motorcycle races and it was surprisingly uncrowded and a lot of fun. If we both end up going, maybe we can arrange to meet there.

@drdubb - I've enjoyed watching your cross-country trip videos on YouTube, and had been planning to get in touch. I'll be heading to Bull City Rumble in Durham tomorrow around 11, just to look around, not with my bike, and if you're there would be glad to meet up. I remember seeing your bike there last year but not meeting you.

And @netizen and others - glad to join you all for a ride sometime. Would be fun to have 3 or 4 NC NCs in one place. :)

Finally, what is KSL?

Hey netizen. I have never seen an NC in NC other than mine and one in the showroom. Glad you responded. You, me, and drdubb are the 'onliest ones I knows of'.
I really want to do this, so will likely go. Also want to go to Blue Ridge Parkway and to NY before it gets cold. Let's stay connected.

I'll probably go over to the Bull City Rumble around 10 or 12 and have lunch there. Will be with adult daughter.

Sounds like we will.have quorum of NC's.

I have seen a silver NC in the Duraleigh/ glenwood Area a couple of times. Any if you guys?

I moved to a Del Webb community near Brier Creek. Backs up to Leesville Rd

Oct 21....That might be the last weekend Mo is open
I'll contact them. I was thinking a little earlier
When the leaves peak...traffic is bad and the falling leaves can make the road slick

Oct 21....That might be the last weekend Mo is open
I'll contact them. I was thinking a little earlier
When the leaves peak...traffic is bad and the falling leaves can make the road slick

Great! Let us know what Mo says. Only weekend I'm not free is Oct 14-15.

Couple of things.

Heard from Bobby. KSL is pretty full after the 13th. I was thinking the first weekend in Oct. Will start a thread tomorrow.

I plan to do two or three hours tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Back