• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 Honda Stopping Production (?)

Whiteyez

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, local honda dealers here in my country are saying that honda is no longer producing the NC700 and it will replace it in 2014 with a new 750cc motorcycle.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Haven't seen or heard anything like that. If it is true, I am pissed. The value of our NC700X will go down now. Way too early to be doing this. I feel like part of an experiment to see the publics reaction and then take a step ahead. Hope this is not true. But would not shock me. A business is just that--a business.
Hello everyone, local honda dealers here in my country are saying that honda is no longer producing the NC700 and it will replace it in 2014 with a new 750cc motorcycle.
Can anyone else confirm this?

I did a quick google search of Japanese sites and found no mention of it, not even rumors.

What is way too early, Max, is going off like it is true when you don't know that.

I have read they are selling great in Europe and increasing engine size over there impacts insurance and license required. Typically read is was sized specifically to be just below these regulation limits. U.S. market is small compared to Europe.

There will always be rumors, don't let them get you down.

670 to 750 hardly seems worth the trouble.
Now an 850 or 900 would be good for another 10-15 bhp/ft.lbs.
Hopefully with belt drive and electronic cruise control.

We will see how much the CB500X eats into the NC700's sale. I was surprised that the Honda decided to introduce the 500X so close behind the NCX. If it does cannibalize the its sale, I don't see why Honda wouldn't move the 670 up to 800 and upscale it to compete against the Tiger 800 and 800GS.

Someone is pulling your leg, big time. Honda has put an astronomical amount of money and resources into this new platform, including multiple years meeting with their auto division in unison with their motorcycle division which is unheard of. It wouldn't be just this model, but ALL the others based on it that would be replaced. And they just came out as 2014 models. Forgive me for being blunt, but that dealer is an ignorant ass and we have plenty of them in this country too. Other forums too ALWAYS get people making ridiculous statements like this based on rumors or incomplete thoughts that never come to fruition. I've participated on multiple motorcycle forums for a very long time, and this is the same dance, different tune.

Last edited:
We will see how much the CB500X eats into the NC700's sale. I was surprised that the Honda decided to introduce the 500X so close behind the NCX. If it does cannibalize the its sale, I don't see why Honda wouldn't move the 670 up to 800 and upscale it to compete against the Tiger 800 and 800GS.

Honda isn't trying to compete with the Tigers and 800GS and Versys and V-Stroms etc. The NC stands for New Concept - they are building a new bike for a specific demographic. Those bike just happen to be the most similar in the marketplace.

I can promise you that your dealer doesn't have a clue about what will be offered in 2014. Honda is incredibly tight lipped. I'm sure there are Honda execs that don't know. You will see a glimpse at the first international motorcycle show and everything before that will just be rumors.
Mike

This is a rumor unless accompanied with some news-worthy link to an article claiming this.

I can promise you that your dealer doesn't have a clue about what will be offered in 2014. Honda is incredibly tight lipped. I'm sure there are Honda execs that don't know. You will see a glimpse at the first international motorcycle show and everything before that will just be rumors.
Mike

Good one! I went into a Honda dealership about three years ago to inquire when or if a bike like the Transalp would ever again become available in this country. He literally snickered and said no way. They'll just sit on the showroom floor. A few months after that conversation, I was reading about the NC700X being readied for production. Then I snickered....

Honda has just rolled out 2 new models using the same engine and frunk concept as the NC700 (a cruiser CTX700N and tourer CTX700T). Also, anecdotal evidence here in BC doesn't support this, all the local Honda dealers in my area sold out all their 2012 stock of the nc700x, so it's not like they are not moving and choking up the sales floor. None of this supports pulling the plug on this model. Also, I am not so sure about the new 500s cannibalizing nc700 sales. They are close in engine displacement, but they are not really that similar, as the new 500s appear to be a more conventional/traditional concept in their engines and layout.

It would be the first time I see someone stopping the production of something that is surpassing the expected sales

Last weekend I heard a local dealer was shifting 4 NC's a week. That's pretty good going! Once word spreads sales will increase exponentially. Word of mouth will sell this bike for sure.

I would not be surprised if they eventually increase displacement in an effort to sell more bikes in North America (not likely in 2014). Of course they could do other things instead and keep the insurance benefits, like a slight engine make-over for more power, combined with a 20-30 lb weight loss. In any case, it doesn't worry me. Bike models frequently change. I bought a 1983 Honda XR350 when I was a teenager, kind of an NC700X of the dirt bike world back then. I don't think the model lasted long, but I sure did have fun with it.

The NC has got old and new riders buying new because of its style, fuel mileage and cost. If they gave me an 800-1000cc with no mpg and weight hit, I would be interested.
That being said, I'm happy with the 670cc version and will have to wear it out before I give it up.
I would prefer them to keep the 670cc because I want my boys to have one also. Real cruise control would be very nice for me!

IMHO, any capacity increase would defeat the purpose of this bike. You American guys get only the NCX, but here in Europe we have the NCS and Integra models as well, all of them sharing almost anything. It's very clear here that Honda made this bike for European A-2 license drivers, that's the reason for having "only" 35 kw power. Some 2012 models have more power, 38 kw, specifically you can get the Integra 2012 in both power versions. It's my understanding there are no 38 kw versions in the 2013 models, but I'm not 100% sure.

Back