• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700 Rider of the Storm videos

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
You are probably wondering. Does this guy truly ride out as far as he says, or is it all a trick? How big is the Dallas metroplex? Do I need good skills to stay alert and ride for hours and hours? Maybe I need an onboard camera. Maybe I need a RAM mount.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes you need to push the limits of your suspension when deciding to make changes to fork oil level. My second goofy outtake. This is why people argue you should not record yourself riding. Because you sometimes say dumb things to yourself. Or you might be seen riding poorly.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
And my most helpful video so far

My boot flexing video was horrible. But with a voiceover and more text, I made something better by adding it to my motorcycle boot analysis and fitting video. I was told that part of what makes me special is my ability to assemble pieces of things. These pieces in turn form a tapestry. Then I organize the colors into swans and flowers and fish and wavy patterns that people want to see in the tapestry. I use this strategy to build high-tech enterprise job engines. But it is also useful for just making cool stuff. I hate swans. Why can’t it be ducks??? Ducks are so much better.

Last edited:

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
In an earlier post. Bskicrash1 said I was no “Sons of Anarchy” wannabe. Well, if you want to meet these people, or join a club and ride a $20,000 Harley with pneumatic suspension, well then you can share a margarita with them at Strokers Dallas. Weekends are typical gathering days and you can find people from all over the planet. Mingle. Get to know the club leaders. They are just people. The pandemic may have slowed things so call ahead. Bikers are just people. The TV has given them a dramatic bad reputation. Most people are just surviving and enjoying their bikes. Bring your NC and show off. I would bring my Vultus and wow them all. The Vmax was also a treat. Go and show off. Talk and have fun. People still meet all over Dallas. Keep an ear to the ground.

Don’t forget to meet safely. The pandemic is still ongoing. Safe is what you make of it. Biker clubs are a great way to engage.

Attachments

• 96BD2EC4-2384-4F83-8CB8-4975946A3FED.jpeg
    96BD2EC4-2384-4F83-8CB8-4975946A3FED.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • BE9FAF0D-B3BA-4345-BC81-8BBA7572A17C.jpeg
    BE9FAF0D-B3BA-4345-BC81-8BBA7572A17C.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 6D6EAEFF-A076-46F8-A610-F6A07B38F0A6.jpeg
    6D6EAEFF-A076-46F8-A610-F6A07B38F0A6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • BF3455D7-180B-47CF-8DE7-972FE6F768C5.jpeg
    BF3455D7-180B-47CF-8DE7-972FE6F768C5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to say thank you all for watching my videos and helping me to go viral. My video garbage would not amount to anything unless you watch it. Think about it! It is either my material, or you start binge watching Korean Soaps, or heaven forbid, or watching old re-runs of Dear Ol' Captain Noah and getting completely weirded out at the end of every episode.

I would also like to announce the soon to be launched, "The World's Dirtiest Workshop" by Rider of the Storm. Wait. Get your head out of the gutter. No, there are no posters on the wall from my teenage years. No erotic art on the walls. It is just my garage. At least I am not that Scotty K guy from Texas who click baits you to watch his garbage. Right? My new channel or playlist will feature, well, me! And how I invent every-day stuff from other every-day stuff because, hmmm, sometimes, the only solution is some garbage at Wal Mart. And that is just not good enough for me! Not sure what I am talking about? Watch my video on how I made my chest mount for my camera... or my "Boob Mount". Because I am a boob... and the camera mounts to... me.... ooo.. I need to get off the internet before I say something truly stupid.

Last edited:

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone wants to see me do a repeated DCT powered rear wheel slide under throttle in an S-pattern down a remote dirt road, then please like this post. Yes. I am asking you to hit the like button. I know. So pathetic! Right???

It is not a stunt. It is a skill. And you don’t own it until you can do 100 a day on any loose surface. I will see what I can do to set up the video. This is all part of managing throttle and balance on loose terrain. See my “learn to make a dirt turn” video for a sample…. (Right before I crashed. Haha.) It is basically a dirt turn blip. But can you do them left and right? Over and over? Turn left, blip. Turn right, blip. Skid each turn like a skier skis down a slope. Guess where I learned this skill??

The trick to this movement pattern is knowing your breaking and throttle moment to moment. It requires timing and easy careful movements. You must have good high leather boots, great foot pegs, nerves of steel and big brass ball bearings.

Okay. How is this a skill? Ever climb a muddy hill? Ever needed to seek grip over rocks and mud? There is one way out and it is up and it is damn slippery? Well. This is that skill. How to get outta town when the only way out is as treacherous as a drunken Klingon driving a seniors gambling bus. Yes. I had to do a couple of these exits for sure. And… the Shinko E-705 was my ticket out.

Okay. It is a dirt climbing or descending skill. Got 400 pounds of machine under your butt? Is it raining off road?

Better have some skill.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for helping my first video hit 500 views! You have all been so nice to me. Except for that one guy who never grew up. But hey! Because you were so nice, I made another video.

I am not worthy!!! I am not worthy!!!

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I don’t want to take anything away from the guys that came up with the idea to use a key as a knob. That was a really smart idea. But someone can steal the knob if you don’t cut the key properly. Then someone can use that knob and turn your ignition on. The key length is the issue. And yes it was a really great idea.

Last edited:

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of you forum people out there said some very nice things about me and I really appreciate everything you’re doing. I appreciate it so much I worked extra hard to get this extra video in today

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I just want to say that I troll this forum and never post or reply unless it is something worth putting out there. I find that with your threads, I will end up reading from start to finish. There is a way that you communicate your thought process that intrigues me. I’ve been riding for nearly two decades, have raced motocross and enduro’s and the past 5 years have transferred to the adventure scene. I have downsized my garage to just the nc750x and found that everything I do on a dedicated enduro, I tackle on the NC. Ultimately, I slowed as I aged and found the NC to be a wonderful do it all bike. Now I still rip it on fireroads, and at times at higher speeds than I ever did on pure dirt bikes…. When I was racing I thought 5th gear topped out on fire roads was flying…. My older, heavier, aged self goes faster on the NC off road with practically street slicks… I remind myself that stopping is a slower and thought out process. The lower center of gravity on this bike just works. I just wanted to give you a compliment as to your daring methods of relaying information. I heard you talking on one of your video’s and realized that my mental voice for you was preconceived to have been a misrepresentation of who you are. Your videos make it evident that your brain fires on more cylinders than an Aventador. I imagine your brain must convert binary code to forum language for us to read. I imagine many read your posts and dismiss you. I will not, and want to let you know that you have a hidden genius that will appeal to a select audience. But it is a necessary part that you have in the adventure community. As adventure riders, we view the world through a different set of filters. It is evident that you are not a sons of anarchy wannabe. You legit ride for the thrill. Don’t lose that passion… that’s what drives us to explore. Keep it up, you got me in your corner.
Because of members like you, I stepped up my game. There is a lot more to be found and a lot of laughs too.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I screwed up the two-key video and published it with me gorching my lines. So. Instead of leaving it with me looking stupid, I made another version and removed the original. As a professional document publisher, I know all too well how stuff slips into production that is embarrassing. So. Yes folks, I am human.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe you want to give this video making thing a try. Maybe you think it is expensive and dangerous.

For starters, I stole my wife’s 2015 Christmas gift and made a video with it. She got my CR-V. I got her camera. She uses her phone to take pictures. So why does she need a Cannon camera? These little tough cameras are obsolete. But they make great videos without an external microphone. So why not make a video. Huh?

Then, i got a free YouTube channel. So easy and fast. Put your family videos on the cloud. Never lose them. Mark them as private.

Okay, so maybe you are worried about criticism. Well. There is one guy on here who criticizes anything I say or do. He is an embarrassment to himself. So out of 6 billion potential critics, I got one. It is worse than the muppet show with those two old men in the balcony. Hecklers.

Nobody pauses my videos and zooms in on the mirror and screen captures my video to write me and tell me that I am much uglier than I ever told anybody. Nobody comments that my butt it too big or that I have man boobs. Nobody cares.

Nobody e-mails me and tells me I flubbed my lines 4 minutes and 22 seconds in. Nobody tells me I have a plot hole in my scifi sickbay bed that makes the bump bump bump sound. “Dammit, Jim, I am rider, not a TV scifi doctor.” Nobody tried to show up and steal my 350hp forester. Not that anybody would want a family car that drifts on all four wheels and zips around a race course. People just don’t want my old bike. So what do I have to worry about?

…. But I do have 4500 views. All thanks to you. I have a global reach. I am nobody. 40 years ago I would be called a late-nite TV star. Lord help me. Soon I will be globally famous. It was bad enough doing a ceremony for 2000 people. Oh man. i was terrible.

I think you might like my videos. They are useful. They cover a wide variety of nc700 topics.

As I make more and more videos, my technical nature will evolve. I am planning on a make-your-own tailpipe silencer video. Since I understand the tuning of the NC700 thoroughly and how it behaves, I thought you might like to be able to play with the tuning without being afraid of messing up the tuning permanantly or the screwing up the engine itself.

But I do have to sack that subtitles guy who keeps messing with my videos.

Don’t drink anything while watching my videos. Fair warning. I am a tiny bit funny. Just a little.

Last edited:

Bskicrash1

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone wants to see me do a repeated DCT powered rear wheel slide under throttle in an S-pattern down a remote dirt road, then please like this post. Yes. I am asking you to hit the like button. I know. So pathetic! Right???
It is not a stunt. It is a skill.
Better have some skill.

You got it!

I’m sensing a progression of video responses. Similar to a game of tag. You do and post. Then someone else does and posts. I’m game for it…

Let’s see it!

Bskicrash1

Reaction score
Visit site
I screwed up the two-key video and published it with me gorching my lines. So. Instead of leaving it with me looking stupid, I made another version and removed the original. As a professional document publisher, I know all too well how stuff slips into production that is embarrassing. So. Yes folks, I am human.
The wonderful thing about experience… it’s moments like this that taught me my most important lessons…

That and the golden rule of my invisibility to all other motorists.

Bskicrash1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for helping my first video hit 500 views! You have all been so nice to me. Except for that one guy who never grew up. But hey! Because you were so nice, I made another video.

I am not worthy!!! I am not worthy!!!

Just wanted to say, this showed up on my YouTube feed before I saw it posted here. Yes, I watched it and was expecting it to be a video about grips and tires. I’m a sucker for tire video’s. Especially those by Kyle Bradshaw.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Any and all comments are welcome. I am so happy people watch my stuff and pay attention to things I say and do. My new kitten keeps getting in the way of video production. I may just need to let her walk on frame and ignore it.