• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question NC700S (2013) Screen

daverobo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I've finally made the jump from my trusty CG125 and picked up a 2013 NC700S. I wish I'd done it sooner, its fantastic.

Over the next few months I've got quite a lot of motorway riding to do and with the stock screen I'm finding the wind pretty challenging. I have two questions for you all. Firstly will a screen designed for a NC700X (or 750x) fit my NC700S? Secondly, I know this is subjective, but any recommendations to look at would be appreciated.

Many thanks Dave

I believe an X shield will not fit an S. I have a big Madstad on my 2013 S and I am happy with it. As it is made in the US the freight to the UK might be spicy.

X screen won't fit on the S.
My 700S came with a larger ermax screen, I had a lot of buffeting with this screen, really uncomfortable on highway speeds.
I tried modifying it, I tried an extra windspoiler in many positions.
But ended up cutting the screen short and adding the windspoiler in a angled position. I still got a bit of wind, but no more buffeting, I can get used to the wind and had a naked 600 inline before, which did speeds over 200kmh, you just have to get used to it.

That being said, I'm fairly tall at 193cm/6"3 and maybe with a higher quality screen, like givi or madstad you will get better result.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've taken a punt at this one...

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for the replies
For anyone wondering, I've been pleased with the new screen. I'm perhaps more aware of the wind round my throat than I was before. But it definitely takes the pressure of your Torso. It's made motorway riding far less tiring. It was also very easy to fit with the original fixings.

Back