• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X DCT off road in Baja Sur

Chabon

Reaction score
Visit site
First time with NC700X DCT off road. This was a little side trip on the way to La Paz, Baja Sur for Carnaval :eek: .I have done adjacent road a few times on my WR250X. It was a little strange using DCT and ABS in loose shale and baby heads. It was hard to tell when I was loosing traction going uphill. I feel like I have more tactile feedback using a clutch. Downhill on loose rock with ABS was also a new experience, oh, and no real engine braking, geared way to high to be of any use. I had a TKC80 up front and an Avon Trailrider in the rear. I will pass on getting another Trailrider. Rear wheel got bent pretty good, this road is not good for cast wheels and was afraid of airing down too much which didn't help the traction issue. The tire was really squared off after only 3000 miles. The NC was great on the highway and really liked the DCT and ABS on pavement and gravel roads. Guess I will be keeping both bikes.

[video=youtube_share;u_uuafRpCsY]https://youtu.be/u_uuafRpCsY[/video]

I normally don't watch motorcycle vids since they tend to eat a lot of time and I know what it looks like when I am riding and it's a lot better than a GoPro. But I'll make an exception here since you also have a WR and the vid isn't so long ; }

I normally don't watch motorcycle vids since they tend to eat a lot of time and I know what it looks like when I am riding and it's a lot better than a GoPro. But I'll make an exception here since you also have a WR and the vid isn't so long ; }

Haha, thanks. Ya, I tend to skip the videos also, especially when I see how long some are. I try to edit it down to 3 minutes, but it takes a lot of time to edit. I just try to capture the 'essence' of the ride. I got tired of editing so this one is a hair long. If you look at the youtube analytics it shows how long people watch a particular video. Most people are done wathcing by 2 minutes.....

Excellent. Great music too. Thanks for posting.

[video=youtube_share;rTbKpiUqEHY]https://youtu.be/rTbKpiUqEHY[/video]

Last edited:
Back