NC700x off road riding

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Discussed many times.
This guy proves NC's off road ability. And he has DCT.

:D

OneGun

Reaction score
With enough skill and will, the NC can be taken off road, no argument. Especially if you've got some different suspension and knobbies, no doubt.

But get in a little bit of sand or greasy mud, and it's done time. Fun stuff though and cool vid, nevertheless. Makes me want to mod mine for a bit more adv.

Griff

Reaction score
The "Guy" in the clip is a member on here and has posted many good vid clips. Go look him up.

Otherwise OneGun sums up the NC's capabilities well. Any bike can be offroaded.......

YouTube

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
The "Guy" in the clip is a member on here and has posted many good vid clips. Go look him up.

Otherwise OneGun sums up the NC's capabilities well. Any bike can be offroaded.......

YouTube
Nice video and that is exactly right. I have seen some video of a guy on a Harley on a trail that BMW GS's were having to "work" to get through... He was really abusing that bike BAD. Just like following several blogs with people riding around the world on a 250 street bike and they were in some really bad stuff.

It is pretty nuts what you can do with just about any bike really. It is nice the NC can be setup to do some rougher riding, but if I were serious about off road riding the NC wouldn't be my first choice for serious off road work. The NC really is a nice all around bike. I will caveat I am not an off road kind of guy so that really isn't my focus with the NC, but I see some guys here have worked hard to setup their bikes for that dual role very nicely. It does look like a lot of fun. :D

GunNut37086

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've taken my NC with PR4s on some reasonably rough gravel and dirt roads before. The tires were the biggest limitation in my opinion.

Michael Moore

Reaction score

Attachments

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Reaction score
It is pretty nuts what you can do with just about any bike really. It is nice the NC can be setup to do some rougher riding, but if I were serious about off road riding the NC wouldn't be my first choice for serious off road work. The NC really is a nice all around bike. I will caveat I am not an off road kind of guy so that really isn't my focus with the NC, but I see some guys here have worked hard to setup their bikes for that dual role very nicely. It does look like a lot of fun. :D
My favorite was following Doug Wothke (rdwdoug) thread on ADV when he put a side car on a Harley bagster and rode the TAT.

Chabon

Reaction score
Cast wheels not the best choice for rough rocky terrain. Will use the WR250 for the tough stuff. Forest service roads for me from now on!

20170411_011023710_iOS.jpg20170411_010952707_iOS.jpg

Griff

Reaction score
Cast wheels not the best choice for rough rocky terrain. Will use the WR250 for the tough stuff. Forest service roads for me from now on!

View attachment 33064View attachment 33065
Big oops !

I also learned the hard way to keep my former NC out of rough offroad. In my case I almost completely flattened the header pipe on a rock at the right side of the gearbox. My trusty Tech retrieved the situation but admonished me severely for getting the bike in that situation in the first place. It never happened again.