• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X Vs. CB500X for touring

Both Work

Cathy and I went for a little 243 mile ride today, making a loop from our home in Centennial up to Rocky Mountain NP. It was a good combination of wide open riding and tight twisties. The 500 got 82 mpg and I got 78 mpg on the 700. The 500 had no problem keeping up. We were in the saddle for 6 hours and 22 minutes. Top speed 70 mph but only averaged 40 mph. More tight stuff than fast. When we travel we try to keep the miles between 200 and 250 so we have plenty of time to set up camp or just enjoy the afternoon/evening. I see no problem doing this for 14 days in a row. I can not see doing 500+ miles day after day, but I see touring riders do it all of the time.

I prefer the 700 for all of the reasons mentioned above. But the 500 has the same type of following and reasons over at the 500 forums. Coming from a mainly offroad, both bikes feel good to me. It is nice that there is a choice between these two bikes since they are very similar but yet different enough that making the right choice for yourself is important.

One of the nice flowing turns on the Peak to Peak Hwy.
017.jpg

I rode some of the same roads on my FJR and this 700 is much more fun and gets 30 mpg better gas mileage. I like being able to flick this bike compared to driving the FJR.

I had a 2018 CB500X and like the NC better. You can tour a bit on the CB but it is more tiring. More vibration in the handlebars (did me in). I’d recommend the NC.

I had a 2018 CB500X and like the NC better. You can tour a bit on the CB but it is more tiring. More vibration in the handlebars (did me in). I’d recommend the NC.
This information is probably still relevant, even on a thread started 9 years ago LOL.

Back