• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700x was a hit at MSF training

GgarryP

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took an MSF course for experienced riders yesterday. There was quite a selection of bikes there. The NC700X was quite a hit with others showing a lot of interest. The instructor even commented he really liked it.
Of course the training is really a series of agility drills. I had a big advantage with the NC and my dirt experience over some of the road bike riders. But also you could tell that some of the guys had never challenged themselves, just riding street without working on agility. Some even had trouble understanding the courses laid out.
I did meet one guy I could ride with sometime. Overall it was a bit of a refresher but not much new. It was enjoyable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They offer some good training and help new riders start with a foundation of knowledge. Also, if you pass the basic training course, it satisfies the state requirements for getting your cycle license. No need to schedule a separate road test.

So was mine. The instructor was shocked when he couldn't find a clutch lever or shift pedal. He called over the other instructor and I had to explain DCT to them. We stood there and discussed the pros and cons until class started.

Techrat

Rider Training on the NC700X

I've done the MN Advanced and Expert Rider Courses a few times on the NC700X, and it's a ton of fun. They've got video of some of the exercises on their website at Motorcycle Safety Center -

Pages
- Motorcycle Safety Center
. On the expert course page, there is video of the NC doing the 40mph brake and escape. Fun times! I recommend training not only to hone your skills, but it's also a really fun day on your bike.

The instructor also said that some auto insurance companies actually count it as a defensive driving course and could give a discount on the auto policy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back