• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X wing mirror respray

Trav-dog

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My stock wing mirrors are starting to look a little worse for wear, and I was wanting to powdercoat them black again, but obviously you cant powdercoat anything with plastic.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to dismantle the wing mirror. Or should I just clean it up, tape it up, and use a rattle can of matt black to do the job?

Thanks in advance!

You just need a couple of open-ended wrenches, I believe 12 mm. Pull up the rubber cover, loosen the locknut, then unscrew the entire mirror by twisting. Not sure what paint/coating will look best on plastic -- good luck! Post photos!

I crashed a couple of years ago and scratched up the back of the mirror, and ended up just buying a new one. I got it off of Motosport for $45, but looks like they are not selling them anymore. 88210-MGS-305 (R) / 88220-MGS-305 (L). I'm seeing ~$60 ea on eBay. Probably best to clean up the ones you have!

You just need a couple of open-ended wrenches, I believe 12 mm. Pull up the rubber cover, loosen the locknut, then unscrew the entire mirror by twisting. Not sure what paint/coating will look best on plastic -- good luck! Post photos!

I crashed a couple of years ago and scratched up the back of the mirror, and ended up just buying a new one. I got it off of Motosport for $45, but looks like they are not selling them anymore. 88210-MGS-305 (R) / 88220-MGS-305 (L). I'm seeing ~$60 ea on eBay. Probably best to clean up the ones you have!

Thanks halfspin! More just looking to spray the actual metal bit. Waswondering if someone has managed to take the actual mirrror and plastic housing off so I could send it to the powder-coaters.
Might just end up spraying it myself and taking them off.

Back