• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X with Helmet mounted Gopro Camera (Tame Video)

Daniszeman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, this is my first test with the GoPro camera. There's no sound besides from the bike and wind(mostly wind). I'm riding around Burbank(Southern California). Please ignore the fact that I'm not wearing gloves - I have them now but didn't have them when I filmed this video.

Testing out the GoPro - YouTube

If anyone else has a Gopro, or does motorcycle vlogging and uses a microphone, please let me know what you use as I need to get a mic since the Gopro can't capture any talking when I'm actually riding.

Take it from a guy who worked in television, NO camera mike is going to handle the wind noise. If you mount a mike inside your helmet, preferably with a chin curtain, you'll get better voice with ambient sounds. If you want road sounds the mike needs a fuzzy cover (like you see network news people use in windy locals) and you'll still need to mount it out of the wind blast. I have a Midland XTC 720p camera I mount on the side of my helmet shield (easy to get the adhesive off or replace) and I put a piece of tape over the mike. A cotton ball and tape works well also, but you'll never hear my voice above a walking pace. By the way I bought the Midland not only because it way waaaay cheaper but also because I hate that sort of fish eye effect I've seen on every GoPro video, I hate spiral aberrations and the distortion at the edges of the picture.

SuperMek, you are seriously into the "all the gear all the time", you should come to south west Florida, you would have a stroke. Most riders here are wearing shorts, a t-shirt, sneakers or sandals/flip-flops and no helmet. During the summer a lot don't even wear the t-shirt.

I understand, but actually, even if the temperature rises I wear all my stuff during riding. I get warm if I ride slowly in the city, but avoiding that and hitting the roads outside the cities the clothes will have no negative impact even if the temp is above 30 degrees Celsius. Learn from the desert people who is kitting up when the temperature rises. All the gear all the time is important as you as a rider won't get a second chance if the accident occur. I am today alive probably because the "all the gear all the time" mindset. And what is the disadvantage NOT kitting up? Really?

SuperMek, you are seriously into the "all the gear all the time", you should come to south west Florida, you would have a stroke. Most riders here are wearing shorts, a t-shirt, sneakers or sandals/flip-flops and no helmet. During the summer a lot don't even wear the t-shirt.

I'll back that up. I took my BRC course on a blacktop parking lot in the end of August in jeans, boots, gloves, long-sleeved shirt, and helmet. I have never sweated so much in my life. At a certain point (temperature/humidity) the risk of having a heat stroke or passing out while riding might actually outweigh other safety concerns.

I would like to recommend, that at a certain point when the conditions are not favorable, don't ride the bike! That is always a better decision than riding the bike with no proper equipment. Always!

I would like to recommend, that at a certain point when the conditions are not favorable, don't ride the bike! That is always a better decision than riding the bike with no proper equipment. Always!

I guess it depends on the situation, Christian.
If I were to ride to the nearest Post Office (in summer) for a quick deposit, I'd go even in shorts and sandals. I could now also pick up some beer from the local store 3km away on this bike.

Of course it is "dangerous" and "risky", it always is with motorised vehicles. You just have to pay extra attention and not be carried away.

I'd recommend to do it occasionally when the opportunity presents itself, but of course not to do this wilfully.
It is sometimes great to go commando. :rolleyes:
Try it, you may like it.

For any serious biking, of course we need to kit up.

We can never be "too careful". But sometimes we gotta just be free and let loose.
Take it easy.
:D

As a Previous MSF instructor and a current BRC Rider Coach candidate- we all live with the risk we choose to take. Weather it involves personal protective equipment or riding beyond our capabilities or our bikes capabilities. Each of us makes the decision, what risk is worth it. For those of us that make it to ride another day the risk we took or didn't let us live another day. Another day with our loved ones, another day with our friends, another day with our NC, and another day on this forum looking at all Cutter's pictures! :D

Even here in Tucson where it normally gets above 100 (F) for most of the summer (80 - 100 days per year, normally), I wear gear. I'm not usually at ATGATT rider, I tend to be an ATGICS guy instead (all the gear I can stand!). That's always the helmet, armored jacket, gloves, and a pair of boots. Usually with jeans, unless I'm doing some serious riding, usually of 1000 miles plus per trip. Then I'll struggle into armored pants, too. It's worked for me, so far.

I've always been curious about folks who ride in flip-flops, though. They must have really tough toes to be able to shift, especially since they normally seem to ride ricer racers, and have to shift often. How do they do it?

First: Apology for fumbling around in this thread.
Next: Never accept any rules that don't have an exception. As all rules have exceptions here we go. It's christmas time 2011 in Kalakaua Avenue, Oahu, Hawaii. On the passenger seat we find my daughter. But who is in front of her? I will never say! :)

IMG_0826x.jpg

Back