• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700XA ECU file (flash)

bulon1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello forum members. I am looking for a flash file (ecu flash) for the Honda NC700X (full power) with a manual gearbox. Does anyone have such a bin file and can send it?

There’s no flash files or ECU changes that are produce any more power.
There are old prior posts from 2012-2014 where a few tuners tried..........the end result as not worth the effort.

Same results from products like “boost plug” or air temp sensor “tricks”.
Same for increasing fuel pressure........no power change and MPG dropped significantly.
Same for changing rev limiter..........yes, it revs higher no change in power.

Some of the prior posts had Dyno charts attached.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. I need a flash file to see the difference between 48hp and 52hp. In mine I would like to raise the rev limiter from 6.5 to 7.5

Reactions: MZ5
Thank you for your response. I need a flash file to see the difference between 48hp and 52hp. In mine I would like to raise the rev limiter from 6.5 to 7.5

I think the difference between the 48 and 52 hp is just a restriction in the air box to get it to be below 35kW, which is a different category in Europe.

Per NC700X dynamometer charts I have seen, the peak horsepower of the engine is already reached before 6500 RPM. Increasing the rev limit beyond 6500 will not yield any more peak horsepower.

DC0CD40E-9982-4F78-8C01-A2A11C19A304.jpeg

Per NC700X dynamometer charts I have seen, the peak horsepower of the engine is already reached before 6500 RPM. Increasing the rev limit beyond 6500 will not yield any more peak horsepower.

View attachment 45410
Honda did achieve horsepower and torque increases in the 745cc engine by raising the redline and altering the fuel mapping. When we see them I believe we’ll see the 2021’s hp and torque curves shift up and to the right accordingly.

I think the 670cc engine is probably choking on the airbox and exhaust, if not the camshaft, so raising the rev limit on a stock bike won't make any more power. If the airflow was opened up, and there was fuel to support it, maybe there would be a benefit to spinning the motor a bit harder.

If I was chasing 70hp I'd buy an sv650, the entire engine is better optimised for safely revving out.

I think the 670cc engine is probably choking on the airbox and exhaust, if not the camshaft, so raising the rev limit on a stock bike won't make any more power. If the airflow was opened up, and there was fuel to support it, maybe there would be a benefit to spinning the motor a bit harder.

If I was chasing 70hp I'd buy an sv650, the entire engine is better optimised for safely revving out.
In my opinion, the 670cc airbox is huge, and the exhaust looks about the same as any 600 or 700cc engine’s. If you’re looking for the air pumping limitation, consider the head’s one intake opening that feeds four intake valves, then four exhaust valves lead to a funnel, down to one exhaust outlet, all right inside the cylinder head.

I agree with your last sentence, which basically says if you’re looking for more power, look for a different motorcycle.

Honda did achieve horsepower and torque increases in the 745cc engine by raising the redline and altering the fuel mapping. When we see them I believe we’ll see the 2021’s hp and torque curves shift up and to the right accordingly.
Yes, they did, and it would makes sense if Honda raised the rev limit, the peak HP should hopefully be up there higher, too.

But the OP is working with a 670cc engine (model year unknown to the forum). Raising it’s rev limit will just let it rev, but peak power will have fallen off past 6400 RPM anyway. There has been no mention on whether the A2 throttle body restrictor is in place or not.

The 2021 model has a small increase in torque and bhp together with a slightly higher rev limit. Possibly of more real benefit is the revision of the top three gear ratios. That said, the NC series are long-stroke engines (stroke greater than bore), being originally developed from the Honda Jazz 1400cc car engine, hence the original 700cc displacement. As such they deliver most torque at modest revs and were not designed to be screamers. Piston speed is more of a limiting factor in getting higher revs from a long-stroke engine. As has been said, there’s little point in trying to get more power from the 700cc motor.
With Euro V now extant here in the UK manufacturers have had to retune the motors - hence the 2021 spec ride by wire model. What a lot of manufacturers have done to meet the new emissions standard is reduce the valve overlap (a cause of unburnt fuel) and increase valve lift to compensate, often also with a slight increase in engine displacement. I have seen no details of what exactly Honda has done to increase the torque and bhp on the 2021 model. I would not assume that it is just a fuelling/ignition map tweak, though it might be. Really neither the NC700 series nor the NC750 series are designed to be powerful. If that is what’s wanted I concur with the view that a more powerful bike should be selected.

The 2021 model has a small increase in torque and bhp together with a slightly higher rev limit. Possibly of more real benefit is the revision of the top three gear ratios. That said, the NC series are long-stroke engines (stroke greater than bore), being originally developed from the Honda Jazz 1400cc car engine, hence the original 700cc displacement. As such they deliver most torque at modest revs and were not designed to be screamers. Piston speed is more of a limiting factor in getting higher revs from a long-stroke engine. As has been said, there’s little point in trying to get more power from the 700cc motor.
With Euro V now extant here in the UK manufacturers have had to retune the motors - hence the 2021 spec ride by wire model. What a lot of manufacturers have done to meet the new emissions standard is reduce the valve overlap (a cause of unburnt fuel) and increase valve lift to compensate, often also with a slight increase in engine displacement. I have seen no details of what exactly Honda has done to increase the torque and bhp on the 2021 model. I would not assume that it is just a fuelling/ignition map tweak, though it might be. Really neither the NC700 series nor the NC750 series are designed to be powerful. If that is what’s wanted I concur with the view that a more powerful bike should be selected.
Please quit repeating the half a Jazz story. It's a myth spawned from a joke uttered by a nervous engineer in a room full of journalists.

Other than similarity to bore and stroke of one of about a half dozen Jazz engines Honda has developed, the NC engine design and architecture has little to nothing in common with the automobile engine.

Pardon me for breathing, I’m sure.
Understand that those of us who have been with the NC product since it’s development and release are easily annoyed when the half a Jazz engine myth gets repeated. We would like to see it go away because it is untrue, but it periodically resurfaces, only to be noted and then repeated again by some of those seeing it for the first time.

I believe there is some truth in the reports that Honda motorcycle engineers consulted with the automotive group on occasion during the NC700 engine development, but that is the extent of the connection between the Jazz and the NC.

If anyone has access to Honda engineering documents that show exactly how a Jazz engine was a template for the NC, please share. But repeating a casual comment made at a press conference does not count.

Back