• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750x 2018 PL1146 issue

BoysLikeChix

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a 2018 NC750X with Givi PL1146 (Monokey) installed. Mounting kit is also 1146 by Givi. However I realised that the panniers (installed) are not parallel to each other. Had to change my initial 50L top box to a 40L one to accommodate the opening of my Alaksa Panniers.. Anyone with PL1146 installed facing the same issue as me? Will appreciate if you can share some pictures!

Here's what I am talking about:
IMG_6051.jpg

Looks like a nice setup. I much prefer top opening cases, but where the lid swings can cause interference issues.

I have the same kit! And the angle is the same! I even have the same Alaska paniers. I do not have a picture from the top unfortunately. But they have the same angle as shown in your picture.

What you can do is install the side panniers with the locks in the front. That way they will open from front to back, clearing your large top case. There is no left or right side case. The 2 pins at the bottom and the latch on top are symmetrical.

Hope this helps.

I have the same kit! And the angle is the same! I even have the same Alaska paniers. I do not have a picture from the top unfortunately. But they have the same angle as shown in your picture.

What you can do is install the side panniers with the locks in the front. That way they will open from front to back, clearing your large top case. There is no left or right side case. The 2 pins at the bottom and the latch on top are symmetrical.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing @Twincam! Glad to know that my rack is ok ‍. Up till your assuring words I’ve always thought I bought a defective rack. I can finally sleep in peace!

Hello all,

I have a 2018 NC750X with Givi PL1146 (Monokey) installed. Mounting kit is also 1146 by Givi. However I realised that the panniers (installed) are not parallel to each other. Had to change my initial 50L top box to a 40L one to accommodate the opening of my Alaksa Panniers.. Anyone with PL1146 installed facing the same issue as me? Will appreciate if you can share some pictures!

Here's what I am talking about:
View attachment 49538
Don't feel too special. Here are my Shad's with modified mounts (to suck them in), they were pretty tapered to begin with. Can you imagine If mine were truly parallel, the backs would stick out 6" on either side of the frame, look ridiculous and serve no purpose but to be square (a complaint previously discussed here). Yours look nice as is.
IMG_6404.jpg

Last edited:
Back