• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X *Travel Edition*, where in the world was it offered?

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Gang,
In an ever on-going effort to learn more about this new-to-me 2020 NC750X DCT, I found by looking through a few dozen YouTube videos, that there was a 2020 NC750X *Travel Edition*. It appears that, unless 1, you live in a country that that version was offered and either have one or know about them, or 2, you're in the USA and have done research on them (like I'm trying to) and found out what the whole story is, what years were or are they offered, what special parts fiche in what parts organization to you dig into to find info on them and or parts for them? It appears that the Travel Edition came with factory engine protection bars that they (Honda) referred to as "light mount bars" which leads me to say that they (Travel Edition) came with fog or driving lights (whatever they were called when offered on those models).

And that also means and in many videos, that those bikes are equipped from the factory with a switch in the center of the dashboard that controls those lights. The Travel Edition also comes with factory pannier racks, pannier boxes and a top box. I'm not sure what else is different on the T/E but, in any case, if you have one or know all about where to look up original parts (like the lights and mount brackets for those lights and the switch) I'd sure like a little info on that version. If someone can point me to a site or article or ad or anything that would lead me to information on them and any parts related to those modles, I'd surely appreciate it. Thank you waaaaaay in advance here. Here is just one of the available YouTube videos on a Travel Edition.
Scott

The video was posted by a Bulgarian business so my assumption it was made at one of the European motorcycle shows. But no matter. All of the accessories you are interested in are available in the USA and the parts can be purchased through any authorized Honda retailer. The part numbers are what you need and they are in Honda Accessories catalogs.

Hey Dave,
Thanks so much for the links. I did look pretty extensively at both. One of the items I'm especially interested in are the factory auxiliary lights that come on the Travel Edition from the factory. I already have the "light bars" (used to mount those lights on) but, in one of those links, you can find the light mount/bars but in parentheses, it states "lights are not available". Hmmmm. So what, is Honda saying that, if you have a couple year old SPECIAL ORDER motorcycle, like the NC750X *Travel Edition*, and you loose or break one of those lights, that Honda has ZERO replacements????? Also, I found no reference to that little square light switch that resides in the center of the dash that operates those Honda lights that are not available.

This is why I inquired about the "Travel Edition". I figured SOMEWHERE there might be an addendum to a brochure, or some special ad placed by Honda someplace or in some country that might put emphasis on a TRAVEL EDITION for any particular country. As stated, there are a few on youtube but, apparently there's no owners on here that have that edition or, at least none have acknowledged. Maybe they just haven't read my thread yet.

Ya know, it's not as though there aren't motorcycle adventure riders or travelers in the US but, again, I don't think that "Travel Edition" was offered in the U.S. And if they're (Honda) still making the Travel Edition, it's very secretive as to where it's being shipped to or requested from or ordered from.
Scott

My 2016 Strom came similarly attired with factory (useless) panniers, Crashbars, Spotlamps, Heated grips and lower engine cowl. I think every now and then manufacturers in various jurisdictions fit out a special edition of various bikes to shift old stock. Mine was purchased new in 2018 and remains a firm favourite although I replaced the panniers.

Hey Dave,
Thanks so much for the links. I did look pretty extensively at both. One of the items I'm especially interested in are the factory auxiliary lights that come on the Travel Edition from the factory. I already have the "light bars" (used to mount those lights on) but, in one of those links, you can find the light mount/bars but in parentheses, it states "lights are not available". Hmmmm. So what, is Honda saying that, if you have a couple year old SPECIAL ORDER motorcycle, like the NC750X *Travel Edition*, and you loose or break one of those lights, that Honda has ZERO replacements????? Also, I found no reference to that little square light switch that resides in the center of the dash that operates those Honda lights that are not available.

This is why I inquired about the "Travel Edition". I figured SOMEWHERE there might be an addendum to a brochure, or some special ad placed by Honda someplace or in some country that might put emphasis on a TRAVEL EDITION for any particular country. As stated, there are a few on youtube but, apparently there's no owners on here that have that edition or, at least none have acknowledged. Maybe they just haven't read my thread yet.

Ya know, it's not as though there aren't motorcycle adventure riders or travelers in the US but, again, I don't think that "Travel Edition" was offered in the U.S. And if they're (Honda) still making the Travel Edition, it's very secretive as to where it's being shipped to or requested from or ordered from.
Scott
I can tell you categorically there was no Travel Edition sold in the USA, special order or otherwise. All accessories including the light kit were available ala carte. The light kit went NLA at some point. NLA = No Longer Available. FWIW I installed auxiliary lighting on my 2015 and the 2013 came with the Honda accessory light bar and on it are Denali 2,0 auxiliary lights. I don't get hung up on OEM only accessories. The tend to be expensive and sometimes not as good as other stuff.

I can tell you categorically there was no Travel Edition sold in the USA, special order or otherwise. All accessories including the light kit were available ala carte. The light kit went NLA at some point. NLA = No Longer Available. FWIW I installed auxiliary lighting on my 2015 and the 2013 came with the Honda accessory light bar and on it are Denali 2,0 auxiliary lights. I don't get hung up on OEM only accessories. The tend to be expensive and sometimes not as good as other stuff.
Agree. Probably the one OEM accessory to buy is the centerstand, then secondly perhaps the accessory electrical harness/relay. I found the aftermarket to be better at most everything else.

Well boys,
It's not that I'm all gung-ho on OEM Honda gear, I've just been curious about that particular model. And, I figured since mine came with those OEM Honda "light mount" bars, I'd take a stab at trying to locate the original lights. The supplied panniers and top box that are apparently part of that "Travel Edition" are not of any value to me. This Travel Edition apparently is a pretty illusive booger. I stopped by a dealer this morning to pick up some oil for my Wing and thought I'd ask the parts dudes if they could do some technical searching for that Travel Edition that maybe us basic folk out here in userville can't get to or don't have privy to. I'm definitely not gonna spend the rest of my life trying to find something that for the most part, DOESN'T EXIST except on youtube and even then, what ever I do find, is across the pond(s).

I also thought if I could utilize the pre-welded in bungs in those "light mount" bars I have to mount whatever or whoever's lights I procure, that would be good. And that's one main reason I was looking into and asking about info on the Travel Edition so I could maybe purchase at least those light mounts. But, so far, ZERO luck. The only parts/components in either of those links above that relate to the Travel Edition are the light mount bars. And yes, I too red the fact that the OEM Fog or driving lights are NLA.

I can fabricate up some brackets that will utilize those bungs. That's not all that hard. I just thought If they were available, I might snatch up a pair. But, I think that's out the door. I'll more than likely end up with some Denali's or PIAA or maybe even some from Amazon or who knows?
Scott

Well boys,
It's not that I'm all gung-ho on OEM Honda gear, I've just been curious about that particular model. And, I figured since mine came with those OEM Honda "light mount" bars, I'd take a stab at trying to locate the original lights. The supplied panniers and top box that are apparently part of that "Travel Edition" are not of any value to me. This Travel Edition apparently is a pretty illusive booger. I stopped by a dealer this morning to pick up some oil for my Wing and thought I'd ask the parts dudes if they could do some technical searching for that Travel Edition that maybe us basic folk out here in userville can't get to or don't have privy to. I'm definitely not gonna spend the rest of my life trying to find something that for the most part, DOESN'T EXIST except on youtube and even then, what ever I do find, is across the pond(s).

I also thought if I could utilize the pre-welded in bungs in those "light mount" bars I have to mount whatever or whoever's lights I procure, that would be good. And that's one main reason I was looking into and asking about info on the Travel Edition so I could maybe purchase at least those light mounts. But, so far, ZERO luck. The only parts/components in either of those links above that relate to the Travel Edition are the light mount bars. And yes, I too red the fact that the OEM Fog or driving lights are NLA.

I can fabricate up some brackets that will utilize those bungs. That's not all that hard. I just thought If they were available, I might snatch up a pair. But, I think that's out the door. I'll more than likely end up with some Denali's or PIAA or maybe even some from Amazon or who knows?
Scott
$$$ Denali's come with hardware that bolts up right to the Honda light bar. So do the $21 Amazon lights. As long as the light pivots in two axis they will bolt right to the tabs on the light bar.

If the parts department saved them the parts guys need to check their older Honda Accessory catalogs for the part number then search that part number for the light kit against all reported dealer parts inventory. Takes about 15 seconds. It's a long shot but a dealer somewhere might have a set of lights gathering dust. I have searched at length for a Honda Powersports Accessory Catalog that lists the lights but have not found one online that lists the lights.

Hey Dave,
Thanks for working with me on this. The parts guy that was helping me appeared to be pretty savvy about how to look things up. He was looking in the AMERICAN HONDA supply side of things though. I mentioned to him that I was pretty sure that ANY version or year of the Travel Edition was an over-seas unit and maybe won't find any reference to it in the American Honda parts fiche. But, I let him do his job and he came up empty. Oh well, not the end of the world. I'll take you suggestions and see what I can find in auxiliary lighting. We're prepping for a trip and will be heading out on Wednesday so, it will all have to take place when we return. Gonna be doing some Wing riding in UT, CO, maybe WY and ID.
Scott

Back