NC750x vs Tiger 800 ?

r3tic

Reaction score
Visit site
The pegs I purchased are here. I picked them up planning to install them before going on a road trip up to NH but never got around to installing. Figured out on the way up that I could comfortably stand if I was going under 50mph and that kept my knees from getting too stiff. They are available if you're interested.

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree that Madstad windscreen is good, but that you should go higher than their recommendation: I'm 5'10" and bought the 20" - use it adjusted all the way up. So at 6', 22" for you.
BTW, wasted $160 on the Honda tall windshield - like banging on your head with a hammer.
(Have 2" adjustable risers, so seated position a little taller)
I agree Madstad i the answer but I disagree with going taller than recommended. My wife's Madstad is 2" shorter than mine. I love riding her bike, especially in hot/humid conditions. I'm 6'0 with an 18" Madstad and sometimes I think it blocks too much wind.

JMHO but I'd never recommend going taller than recommended. FWIW they are designed to be looked over, not looked thru. They very effectively deflect air over your helmet at speed so you ride in a quiet air bubble when properly adjusted.

taplitt

Reaction score
Visit site
The 2021 top frame rail has a substantial bend and dip above the engine that the 2012-2020 frames do not have. The seat to peg distance may not have changed but the frame did.
From what I read, the frame is new for 2021, but the height diff. is from lowering the suspension.

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Sargent seat and a Madstad windshield. I agree with the post that the Madstad is kind of ugly, but I decided to accept that for the drastic improvement and adjustability.