• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750x vs Tiger 800 ?

The pegs I purchased are here. I picked them up planning to install them before going on a road trip up to NH but never got around to installing. Figured out on the way up that I could comfortably stand if I was going under 50mph and that kept my knees from getting too stiff. They are available if you're interested.

Agree that Madstad windscreen is good, but that you should go higher than their recommendation: I'm 5'10" and bought the 20" - use it adjusted all the way up. So at 6', 22" for you.
BTW, wasted $160 on the Honda tall windshield - like banging on your head with a hammer.
(Have 2" adjustable risers, so seated position a little taller)
I agree Madstad i the answer but I disagree with going taller than recommended. My wife's Madstad is 2" shorter than mine. I love riding her bike, especially in hot/humid conditions. I'm 6'0 with an 18" Madstad and sometimes I think it blocks too much wind.

JMHO but I'd never recommend going taller than recommended. FWIW they are designed to be looked over, not looked thru. They very effectively deflect air over your helmet at speed so you ride in a quiet air bubble when properly adjusted.

The 2021 top frame rail has a substantial bend and dip above the engine that the 2012-2020 frames do not have. The seat to peg distance may not have changed but the frame did.
From what I read, the frame is new for 2021, but the height diff. is from lowering the suspension.

I have a Sargent seat and a Madstad windshield. I agree with the post that the Madstad is kind of ugly, but I decided to accept that for the drastic improvement and adjustability.

I think maybe you need to get some more miles in on a real, upright motorcycle to be more comfortable in the wind. If you don't mind my saying, your feeling of instability may be psychological. I ride every day and cruise 75-80 on my 28-mile commute. I came from a Triumph Tiger 1200 which had far superior frontal protection, but honestly, the NC is not what I would call unstable in the wind. Sure, it gets blown around a bit more than a 600 lb Triumph, and the suspension and seat leave much to be desired, but it is plenty stable. The issue I have with wind is just the noise. For that reason, I paid a few bucks more on a quieter helmet. Once you get used to it, you just relax and go with it. I'm even getting used to the harsh front suspension after 600 miles and I am less shocked by the sudden impact of potholes in the roads.

Now, in the colder weather in PA, that wind will indeed make a difference, so a better windshield would be good. I'm waiting to order the one I want, with not much to choose from for 2021. The mounting changed so we are all waiting for Puig and Givi to release the new ones. I did spring for the Honda Tall Windscreen (3" higher than stock) but it barely put a dent in the wind noise and impact of the airstream. Lots of people on this forum rave about Madstad but I am not a fan of the look. California Scientific (who, oddly, is not located in California), makes tall windscreens but I am not in love with how those look either. I'm waiting for Puig, which is the brand I had on my Triumph and I loved how it was made, how well it worked, and how it looked. The Givi is close to it in my opinion so I will buy whichever one is available first here in the USA. We will see but I'm resigned to the fact that I may never find a windscreen I like that will allow me to match-light a Cohiba at 80 mph. I'll be ok if the noise is knocked down to the point where I can hear my helmet audio at full cruising speed without noise-canceling headphones.

I got rid of the Triumph because it was too much bike for my old, fat ass and weak knees. Too afraid to drop it at a slow speed (which I almost did more than once). Top-heavy and a bit too tall for my 32" inseam. But it was an amazing tourer. If you're not suffering from the same lameness as me, you should consider it, especially the smaller 800. Coming from a scooter, bikes that size might not be the best choice for your first foray into a full-on motorcycle. Perhaps consider waiting for the Triumph Tiger Sport 660 next Spring. But I think you're on to something with the low-CG NC, as obviously many people would agree on this forum. Compared to my Triumph, the NC feels like a feather at slow speed but it's still planted enough at freeway speed.
I can add a little info on the Givi windshields. Called the Charlotte NC # this morning and was told they don't have them in hand yet, but call back Nov.10th. They are shown on their site tho., at $130 for clear, $115 smoked I think.

Ok ...54 cm is 21 1/4". Stock appears to be 15 3/4". So about 5 1/2 " taller than stock. (If I figured everything right lol).

Btw didnt you just get the GP Komposit shield ( or something like that?)
Yes, but you see I have a disease and I can't stop it. I hope it will subside before the Puig windshield becomes available. The GP Komposit, besides having a funny name, seems to be the exact height as the Givi but is not as wide at the base and has a very flat profile. I hope the Givi redirects some of the airflow sideways and less of it over the top. Plus, I like the way it looks a little better. Maybe I'll sell all the ones I don't use once I finally settle.

Back