• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NE Ohio new member

Rainmaker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! New here from NE Ohio. I picked up a new left over '15 back in January, and I'm up to 455 miles with better weather coming.
I sold my DR650 as I've been looking for something better suited for longer camping trips and for solo daily rides. I'm very happy with the 700X so far and looking forward to putting on more miles.
I have a '12 Ultra Classic for rides with the wife, and it's nice to have a bike that weighs half as much for daily use.
Ride on!

Welcome Rainmaker (please don't bring the rain here). It's amazing how many of the 2015s were left. I picked mine up last May. I can only assume that Honda expected better sales in the US that year. It may be why that are a little difficult to find this year, although the dealer that I bought mine from has a 2018 on the floor and it's already discounted.

I like your last sentence. I came from a long line of liter bikes yet I have hung onto this lower powered NC for 6 years. The longest I have ever kept a bike. It is just so handy as a commuter that I can't let it go. I think you'll really learn to appreciate that about this bike.

Hello, fellow Northeast Ohioan!

I think you'll find the NC700X well-suited for those longer camping trips. Speaking from experience - last summer I did a 13 state, 6600 mile trip on my 2012 NC and camped 21 of the 25 nights I was on the road. I found it to be just the right size - large enough to hang on the interstate while small enough to be nimble on narrow, twisty roads. Enjoy the new bike!!

I'm using the Rainmaker name on my 700X, hoping that it's reverse psychology this time around. :cool:
My '02 Super Glide earned it, on way too many occasions. So far with the 700X, so good. Time will tell.

Welcome from another NE Ohio Rider! Maybe an NEO ride could be on the cards this year?!

Back