• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nearly Dropped Elmo Twice.

ST13Fred

Reaction score
Visit site
Coming off WV 'the hill' from the farm on my C125 Cub yesterday making a downhill left hander the front ABS slid out, had to let off the brake, putting my left foot down hard but heading for the guard rail.
Recovered only to slide out on the next right hander 100 yards down the road.

MY cousin says DOT is salting the winter time roads with a new solution. Until we get some rain those roads are slimy for everybody, 2 or 4 wheels.

If they are "brining "the roads they are slippery as snot if it
starts raining I think it is a mixture of salt and crushed up slugs or maybe just salt and 3 in 1 oil

Coming off WV 'the hill' from the farm on my C125 Cub yesterday making a downhill left hander the front ABS slid out, had to let off the brake, putting my left foot down hard but heading for the guard rail.
Recovered only to slide out on the next right hander 100 yards down the road.

MY cousin says DOT is salting the winter time roads with a new solution. Until we get some rain those roads are slimy for everybody, 2 or 4 wheels.
I’m glad you weren’t hurt Fred.

Didn’t the same thing happen with reflective glass beads in a WV curve?

God memory Dave.
Yes. The 12 degree slope right hander 200 yards up the hill from my 1st slide on 30 Dec.
There is a lot of gas/oil industry traffic in the hills around here. The 2 steep turns are 90 degree
switchbacks with many 'hang ups' by off-limit tractor trailers. They see the sign but still try the GPS 'shortcut'.

Just went past 10K miles on elMO. He's my bicycle on steroids. (MO is the Motus.)

Back