• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Need help finding Auxiliary power on 2021 NC750A

Does the USA 2021 model have a passing switch? If not, this may be a schematic for another market area.

I can’t see the whole schematic to know where the wires connect, but it would seem if you put a jumper between + and - on the 4P connector, as you suggest, you have created a short circuit across the battery. Can you elaborate on that idea?
The USA '21 models does have a passing switch. The BLUE wire from the dimmer/passing switch goes to the headlight assembly and the optional plug. The green is ground. Grounding the blue wire turns ON the high beam.

Since I do not know what items the OP has for the Denali lights it is difficult for me to provide more information. I looked at their webpage but there are many options for connection and types of lights.

Hi guys,
Sorry for not logging in sooner but I had computer problems over the weekend and my niece from California dropped in for a visit.
The Denali lights are the D2 lights. The lights came with Denali's standard wiring harness. The white wire does not draw much if any power but can "sense" when a wire is hot. The white wire need to connect to a wire that is only on when the ignition switch is on. Such as a head light power source or tail light running light via a Posi-Tap connector (a single prong vampire type connector). The blue wire can use a Posi-Tap, splice, or the blue wire on the optional P4 connection.

Twisted Throttle has a few YouTube videos that are pretty good explaining the lights and wiring harness but weak on where the Posi-Taps should be used.

Tomorrow I'll pull off the body work, mount the lights, route the wiring harness, and then start poking around with my multimeter. I'm thinking both the white and blue wires can be connected to optional 4P connector. At least that's what I'm going to try.

OK, I watched the video on TT and think I understand what you are saying. First I was getting confused when talking wire colors from the optional connector (bike) and the AUX light harness.

You stated you have the standard harness. Does this imply only a on/off switch, no HI/LO capability? If this is the case and you are connecting to the battery for the main power, the only wire you need to connect to the Optional connector is the White trigger wire from the light harness. It would connect to the Red/Blie of the optional connector on the bike. Since you have a LED headlight, you cannot utilize the HI/LO headlight switch on the bike to control the brightness of the AUX lights. To have HI/LO capability on your AUX lights you would need the DataDim module and the 3 position switch.

Hope this helps.

OK, I watched the video on TT and think I understand what you are saying. First I was getting confused when talking wire colors from the optional connector (bike) and the AUX light harness.

You stated you have the standard harness. Does this imply only a on/off switch, no HI/LO capability? If this is the case and you are connecting to the battery for the main power, the only wire you need to connect to the Optional connector is the White trigger wire from the light harness. It would connect to the Red/Blie of the optional connector on the bike. Since you have a LED headlight, you cannot utilize the HI/LO headlight switch on the bike to control the brightness of the AUX lights. To have HI/LO capability on your AUX lights you would need the DataDim module and the 3 position switch.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
Yesterday I removed the body work, loosely attached the lights, and laid out the harness on a table to help visualize where I might route the harness.
For running/routing wire from the battery to the front of the bike, the right side of the frunk seems to have easier access than the left side.

Left side small.jpgRight side small.jpgBody parts small.jpgHarness small.jpg

Last edited:
OK I am home.

The 4-pin connector is the one pointed out below. It should have 4 wires in the female connector. You only need the Red/Blue (+12V) and the Green/Blue (GND).
- Red/Blue: +12VDC switched
- Blue: goes to dimmer/passing switch
- Brown/White: goes to the combination meter
- Green/Blue: GND
View attachment 47675
My previous post had the wrong info for the connectors (cannot trust my memory). Here is the link to the page with the correct connectors:

I bought the Male HV040-4M connector which came with the HX/HV 040 male pins and violet HX 040 seals. I bought additional pins and seals just in case I screwed some up while crimping (I did). I also bought a few of the HX 040 dummy plugs to plug the two unused cavities on the male connector.

I hope this helps and my apologies for the misinformation regarding the connector P/N#s in my previous post.

Regards,
So is this the one I need?
Male, right?

4 pin HV .040 Male Connector - with Terminals and seals

Terminals Fit wire size .5 - 1.3 mm (18-22 AWG)

Sumitomo part number 6188-4776 Japan

Part name HV4-4MAY-B

Back