• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Need help finding Auxiliary power on 2021 NC750A

TNHoosier

Site Supporter
Reaction score
The corner of Walk and Don't Walk somewhere on A1A
Visit site
I am trying to install heated grips on my 2021 NC750A. I ordered a 6P wire harness from Eastern Beaver including a relay and fuse. Here is a pic of the inside of the fuse box, note there is no empty relay socket and the empty fuse slot has no electrical connections.

0919211057.jpg

Here is a picture of the left side of the bike. I cannot find a 6P connector with a mating connector attached. Has anyone else attempted this yet? If I have to manually connect a relay, where is the best place to tap to operate the relay?
0919211047.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

At the 4 o'clock position in the second picture there are two black harness connectors just above the frame tube. The one with 6 or 7 green wires is a common ground or negative though it appears nothing is connected to it. Just the right of that one the connector has many multi colored wires and again it doesn't look like it is connected to anything. Perhaps the one of us that has a 2021 Service manual could ID that connector and trace the wires by color to a device circuit. How many wires go into that connector?

I have the 2021 service manual and I think I found the connector I need to use but the 6P I ordered from Eastern Beaver. At ~ 8 o'clock in the picture there is a blue connector with a clear cover over it. Just to the left of it is a 4P connector with a dummy mating connector. It has a red/blue and a green/blue wire which is switched 'optional' power and a ground. It looks like it could also be used for fog lights in the schematic. I need to find smaller mating pins and I can utilize the dummy mating connector to get my switched power and GND connection.

Someone mentioned getting terminal, etc from someplace in the states? I would rather not deal with Eastern Beaver again if I can avoid it.

If you go to the Honda OEM accessories web site and look for their heated grips there should be a link to a PDF of their installation instructions. Perhaps the PDF will show you the location of where you can get power.

Here's the link:

For connectors I have used Custom LED.

Last edited:
Those bundles you speak of : There is a black (3wires) bundle that is hot when the key is on.
You can use that as a trigger/switch for a relay. I installed a fuse/terminal block .

@Wheels,
Thanks, I found a 4-pin connector that has switched +12V and ground that is used for the fog light accessory. It uses the same switched +12V that would be used for the Honda heated grips. It is a 10A circuit (fused) for optional items. I was able to buy terminals from Cycle Terminal and used the dummy connector on the bike to make my harness to power the grip heaters. The install is very clean. Here is my post with the results:

@Wheels,
Thanks, I found a 4-pin connector that has switched +12V and ground that is used for the fog light accessory. It uses the same switched +12V that would be used for the Honda heated grips. It is a 10A circuit (fused) for optional items. I was able to buy terminals from Cycle Terminal and used the dummy connector on the bike to make my harness to power the grip heaters. The install is very clean. Here is my post with the results:
Could you provide details of the connector location and the terminals you bought? I want to fit heated gloves and fog lights so need switched 12v and I like the sound of a clean install :)

Edited 12/26/2021 to correct connector information.

Here is the website I ordered from.

I think there is a typo on the page for the connector housing if you choose to get an extra housing (I did) so you can remove the harness and put the factory plug back.
- 4 pin Male HV040-4M connector (comes with 4 terminals and 4 seals)
- HX/HV 040 male terminal
- HX Wire seal Small

The 4-pin connector includes pins and wire seals but I ordered extra terminals and seals "just in case". Glad I did because the seals are lubricated and escape your grasp and the terminals are small and easily bent.

For the connector I used in the harness, I apologize that I am travelling for the holidays and do not have access to my bike or service manual. If you look in the bottom picture of my first post (#1) in this thread, it is one of the 4 position connectors in the lower left of the photo just left of the blue connector with the clear shroud. IIRC, it has 3 wires in the mating connector (one ground, one +12v switched, one I forget). I would need the service manual to confirm wire colors. It is a connector for installing factory fog lights which goes to a switched 10A source. Sorry I cannot be more help at the moment due to travel. I can confirm wire colors once I return after Christmas.

Last edited:
Here is the website I ordered from.

I think there is a typo on the page for the connector housing if you choose to get an extra housing (I did) so you can remove the harness and put the factory plug back.
- 4 pin HW - .090 Male Connector (comes with 4 terminals and 4 seals)
- 2.3mm - .090 Tin plated Male Terminal
- HW Wire seal Small

The 4-pin connector includes pins and wire seals but I ordered extra terminals and seals "just in case". Glad I did because the seals are lubricated and escape your grasp and the terminals are small and easily bent.

For the connector I used in the harness, I apologize that I am travelling for the holidays and do not have access to my bike or service manual. If you look in the bottom picture of my first post (#1) in this thread, it is one of the 4 position connectors in the lower left of the photo just left of the blue connector with the clear shroud. IIRC, it has 3 wires in the mating connector (one ground, one +12v switched, one I forget). I would need the service manual to confirm wire colors. It is a connector for installing factory fog lights which goes to a switched 10A source. Sorry I cannot be more help at the moment due to travel. I can confirm wire colors once I return after Christmas.
Thanks for the swift response and if you could follow up after Christmas that would be great. Enjoy the holidays and Merry Christmas.

I'm waiting for your answer too.... I want to install an alarm and i want a 12v cable (not from the battery). Everyone says from the tail light but if i can do it from this connector i think its better than looking and striping the harness.

Could you provide details of the connector location and the terminals you bought? I want to fit heated gloves and fog lights so need switched 12v and I like the sound of a clean install :)
OK I am home.

The 4-pin connector is the one pointed out below. It should have 4 wires in the female connector. You only need the Red/Blue (+12V) and the Green/Blue (GND).
- Red/Blue: +12VDC switched
- Blue: goes to dimmer/passing switch
- Brown/White: goes to the combination meter
- Green/Blue: GND
Inkednc750_wiring_LI.jpg
My previous post had the wrong info for the connectors (cannot trust my memory). Here is the link to the page with the correct connectors:

I bought the Male HV040-4M connector which came with the HX/HV 040 male pins and violet HX 040 seals. I bought additional pins and seals just in case I screwed some up while crimping (I did). I also bought a few of the HX 040 dummy plugs to plug the two unused cavities on the male connector.

I hope this helps and my apologies for the misinformation regarding the connector P/N#s in my previous post.

Regards,

OK I am home.

The 4-pin connector is the one pointed out below. It should have 4 wires in the female connector. You only need the Red/Blue (+12V) and the Green/Blue (GND).
View attachment 47675
My previous post had the wrong info for the connectors (cannot trust my memory). Here is the link to the page with the correct connectors:

I bought the Male HV040-4M connector which came with the HX/HV 040 male pins and violet HX 040 seals. I bought additional pins and seals just in case I screwed some up while crimping (I did). I also bought a few of the HX 040 dummy plugs to plug the two unused cavities on the male connector.

I hope this helps and my apologies for the misinformation regarding the connector P/N#s in my previous post.

Regards,
Thanks for the further detail. I’ve had the connector delivered so I’m going to attempt this today.

For anyone else looking to try this I’ve found a great video on YT showing the panel removal and connection to the same power source for a USB connection:

Cheers
C.

Great video the step by step process will help many. Life used to be so easy when all you had was a gas tank and a seat to gain access for installs. One item to always remember when working with plastic and rubber grommets that the temperature makes all the difference. Some of us do these upgrades in the winter in a cold garage. Using a heat source be it electric, kerosene or blow dryer can make the difference between unbroken and repaired covers.

OK I am home.

View attachment 47675

Regards,
Well this helps, I feel like I am getting closer to understanding what the hell I am doing, thank you

At the 4 o'clock position in the second picture there are two black harness connectors just above the frame tube. The one with 6 or 7 green wires is a common ground or negative though it appears nothing is connected to it. Just the right of that one the connector has many multi colored wires and again it doesn't look like it is connected to anything. Perhaps the one of us that has a 2021 Service manual could ID that connector and trace the wires by color to a device circuit. How many wires go into that connector?
The green wire connector is a frame ground junction, the pink, black wire connector is an ignition power junction.

OK I am home.

View attachment 47675

Regards,

Glad I revisited this thread. I am installing Denali auxillary driving lights on my bike and I was looking for this information.

For the Denali lights I need to have place to connect their white trigger wire indicating switched power is "on". And I need a point to connect their blue wire to control the dual intensity Hi/Lo circuitry of the new lights.

Seems to me I can connect Denali's blue wire to the blue wire of the optional 4P connecttion shown below.
Connecting the Denali's white trigger wire will require a jumper on the 4P connector jumping the Red/Blue wire (+) to the Green/Blue wire (-) to complete the circuit and give the white wire something to sense. Is this correct?

The picture below is from the 2021 NC750X service manual.

1674303093551.jpeg

Glad I revisited this thread. I am installing Denali auxillary driving lights on my bike and I was looking for this information.

For the Denali lights I need to have place to connect their white trigger wire indicating switched power is "on". And I need a point to connect their blue wire to control the dual intensity Hi/Lo circuitry of the new lights.

Seems to me I can connect Denali's blue wire to the blue wire of the optional 4P connecttion shown below.
Connecting the Denali's white trigger wire will require a jumper on the 4P connector jumping the Red/Blue wire (+) to the Green/Blue wire (-) to complete the circuit and give the white wire something to sense. Is this correct?

View attachment 51183
I am not familiar with the Denali lights and wiring requirements. Your assumptions sound correct but I cannot say for certain since I have no experience with them.

View attachment 51183
Does the USA 2021 model have a passing switch? If not, this may be a schematic for another market area.

I can’t see the whole schematic to know where the wires connect, but it would seem if you put a jumper between + and - on the 4P connector, as you suggest, you have created a short circuit across the battery. Can you elaborate on that idea?

Back