• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

need help pulling the throttle body

merlot

Reaction score
Visit site
i need to pull the throttle body to modify the return spring
i dont have a workshop manual as yet
do i need to remove all body above TB or can i access removal from behind the radiator?
any help appreciated

TIA
russ:cool:

I would advise getting the shop manual before proceeding. I see no reason not to get the manual, except perhaps the cost.

I would advise getting the shop manual before proceeding. I see no reason not to get the manual, except perhaps the cost.
It's not even very expensive.

Certainly cheaper than any mistakes made by not using and following the manual

I have no idea the cost or availability of the NC service manual in Tasmania, but you’d think if the motorcycle was available, the documentation might also be available.

There's a free service manual on manualslib (google it) that I've been using, it works well.

Side access is pretty good unless you have crash bars, you can probably change throttle cables or sensors, but if you're properly removing the TB, everything will need to come off.

When you're taking off the plastics, keep a detailed note of where all the plastic pop rivets and bolts live. They're all different lengths. I stuffed the order up years ago and it's never been quite right again.

There's a free service manual on manualslib (google it) that I've been using, it works well.

Side access is pretty good unless you have crash bars, you can probably change throttle cables or sensors, but if you're properly removing the TB, everything will need to come off.

When you're taking off the plastics, keep a detailed note of where all the plastic pop rivets and bolts live. They're all different lengths. I stuffed the order up years ago and it's never been quite right again.
youre right about side access
unfort the part i need to remove(the rotator crank) looks to be crimped on...others i have done are held with a nut so could access after removing the crash bars...ill just have to start pulling bike apart from the top down,will obv need to pull the airbox anyway

Attachments

• 20210625_133734-1[1].jpg
    20210625_133734-1[1].jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 13
Back