• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help With Corbin Ride-In Service

rumberobueno

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to two ride-ins for a Corbin seat so far and the seat is still pretty painful after only 30 minutes of riding.

Seat from ride-in number one:
20150922_125941.jpg
20150922_130009.jpg

On this one the bucket was too low and was hurting my back.

Seat from ride-in number two:
20151022_110001.jpg
20151022_105951.jpg
Side view:
20151022_105943.jpg

This one is better in that it has the hole in the middle so you don't sit on your family jewels but is slanted forward and it hurts my back by pushing my pelvis forward. Also my thighs start hurting after 20-30 minutes.

For the reference here is side picture with the stock seat:
20151022_110631.jpg

I'll be going for another ride-in this Sat and I would like recommendations on what to ask them to do for the seat.
I think it needs to be more "bucketized" as the first one and made pretty much horizontal. Maybe just a bit of a slant forward.
I also plan on asking them to add a thin layer of softer foam at the top. I like the hole in the middle though ;-) ...

I like the bike but I am not riding it too much because i'm in pain after riding.

Did any of you guys have these issues ? If yes, how did you solve them ?

Also consider your handlebar shape/rise/position as they could be forcing you into an uncomfortable seating position.

After a very long and frustrating ordeal trying to get Corbin to take care of the many issues I had with the seat I purchased, I finally gave up and returned it for a refund. Then purchased a russell day long. I could not be happier

@bigmark: That's the next move if I cannot get the Corbin seat to work for me. I'm curious, did you get your refund within 30 days or within the 1 year warranty period ? I might need to do the same if it's an option.
@670cc: I believe the handlebars need some work too. I wanted to changed things one at a time so if things don't work out it's easier to isolate the problem.

The biggest issue I am facing with this is that I don't have a good idea of what needs to be changed for the seat and the Corbin wizards will do whatever you ask but they don't seem to have much ergo training so you are stuck with this trial and error process.

Ultimately I'll do a Russell ride-in if nothing works out as Beemerphile suggested.

IMG_0043.JPGIMG_0041.JPGIMG_0036.JPGIMG_0447.jpg

I did a ride in to Corbin's in Hollister. It took me three visits to their shop to gets my seat the way I liked.
I'll post a few photos of my seat to show you what mine finally looked like.
Your seat certainly looks a lot different than mine. The shape of yours closely resembles the stock seat and it definitely slopes too much forward. Much worse than stock.
I can't add photos from the computer I am currently using. I'll add the photos later.
Good luck with your visit to Corbin's.
Show the techs at Corbin the photos of my seat. Maybe it will bring back some memories and they'll remember how to properly shape a saddle? Have them shape it like a "tractor seat"!

Last edited:
Did a ride in to Corbin. Long day but in the end it all worked out. The main thing is to get them to put a little upslope hump in the seat to stop the problem of always sliding forward. It doesn't take much-maybe a 1/2" rise at the front but it really worked. I subsequently took the bike on a 5700 mile trip from Sonoma, California to Skagway Alaska via Banff and Dawson Creek and the seat became a non-issue.

@bigmark: That's the next move if I cannot get the Corbin seat to work for me. I'm curious, did you get your refund within 30 days or within the 1 year warranty period ? I might need to do the same if it's an option.
@670cc: I believe the handlebars need some work too. I wanted to changed things one at a time so if things don't work out it's easier to isolate the problem.

The biggest issue I am facing with this is that I don't have a good idea of what needs to be changed for the seat and the Corbin wizards will do whatever you ask but they don't seem to have much ergo training so you are stuck with this trial and error process.

Ultimately I'll do a Russell ride-in if nothing works out as Beemerphile suggested.
If memory serves me correctly I think it was about a 6 to 8 month ordeal. I really think it was one of, if not the worst custmer service situations i have ever had!!!

Thanks a lot everyone for the replies. I went for the ride in service and there is hope ;-)

The newly shaped seat is shaped more like a Russell seat. I asked them to make it wider and like a bucket seat. I asked them not to cover it yet so I can ride it like this for a while and see how it works for me.

Overall it feels pretty good but I still slide a bit forward so it might need to be shaved slightly.

Also my handlebars are too low so I ordered a 30 mm riser (in addition to the 2" ROX risers). I'll probably have to change the brake line to a longer one.

I'll post pictures with the final result when done. Hopefully other people can use this info to get it right the first time.

Also my handlebars are too low so I ordered a 30 mm riser (in addition to the 2" ROX risers). I'll probably have to change the brake line to a longer one.

"Your mileage may vary", but what I noted when going to 2" risers was that I was at or near the limit of the electrical cables and the clutch cable (which you may or may not have). The brake hose may not be the only thing you'll need to swap out.

Let us know if it works. I'm using 2 inch risers now, but I hung on to the 30mm risers I had in the past.

Last edited:
I have a Corbin seat and really like it. I believe there is a happy place for you once you address the handlebars, as others have mentioned. Move them up and back and I believe you will find the bike to your liking. Good luck ----

I have bought Corbin's both ways. The ride in custom build is the better of the two. But I have been satisfied with both and have had no problems. Did you get a free lunch each time or just on your first visit?

I installed a 20 dollar riser a couple of days ago, it made a huge difference, less hand fatigue and my butt is more comfortable right away. So more comfortable seat time

Mike,
No "free" lunch, but I did get a veteran's discount and a law enforcement discount. No calories, but delicious!

I wonder when they stopped that. We were in there in 2006 to do a seat. We sat inside the café with our lunch provided by them and watched the build through the inside window. The good old days.

I wonder when they stopped that. The good old days.
Mike,
I think that happened about 6 or 7 years ago when Corbin had his motorcycle seat business for sale.
He was being sued by disgruntled stockholders and investors who had invested in his plan/project to produce a line of electric 3 wheel cars and 3 wheeled, Harley powered, roadsters. He did actually produce and sold some of the electric 3 wheelers, (a friend of mine in Atascadero owned one), but never produced for sale any of the Harley powered 3 wheelers.
But there is one on display in the Corbin Showroom/display room.
After he was unsuccessful in selling his business, he (they), decided to put some money back in the business with more employees, more seat models, and a remodeling and clean up of the showroom, offices and actual customer servicing area.
For several years the adjacent restaurant was either closed or had very limited hours only on certain days.
But when I made my last visit (the first of 3 visits to buy my current seat on my NC700X) the restaurant was open and the whole business was cleaned up, painted and looked very nice.
I haven't been back to Corbin's recently, probably a couple of years, so I don't know how things look or how ride-in business is doing. Or if the restaurant is currently open for business.

Last edited:
Back