• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need some advice on rear brake sponge like feel

bvogel7475

Reaction score
Visit site
OK. Totally editing this thread. After watching some videos I see that I screwed up the bleed process. I'm actually relieved to find this out because I imagine everything will be fine once I redo it. Going to use a vacuum bleeder as well so I can just pull all the air out. I think the pumping method leaves something to be desired as far as it's efficiency. Lesson learned. No more posts on this.

Last edited:
Don't be too hard on yourself, getting all those sneaky air bubbles trapped in the line or lines and master cylinders, can be frustrating a lot of the time when doing it by hand, not to mention if you don't have a helper, rear brakes are the worst! ;)

Brake Bleeder and Vacuum Pump Kit

<$20 with 20% coupon and free flashlight or whatever-you can't beat the price. i have it for years and using regularly on cars and bike

image_20429.jpg

I appreciated reading this thread as I am inexperienced with bike maintenance and have yet to bleed my brakes. Your experience with this taught me about it in turn.

Back