• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need therapy

The best cure for Ducati Fever is buying one. It is an expensive but curable illness. The cure comes when it is time to pay the piper for maintenance. That is why you can catch a deal on a used one j-u-u-u-u-st about to need its second major maintenance.

I would not personally own one (or a new BMW, KTM, etc. for that matter) outside of the warranty period. But then, neither would I purchase a bike that I am unwilling to own outside the warranty period as I usually stay with one for 7-12 years. Thus ole Beemer bought a Honda, and though the hooligan in him is constantly longing for release, he is happy with his prudent decision.

I can look at the pretty things and dream of my prowess with them without actually executing. Not as fun, but way cheaper. If I get the fever too bad, I just go to the opening page of ADVRIDER and look at the slideshow of motorcycling pictures and think "...how much does what you are riding matter to the enjoyment that is presented?". The answer I come to is "not much". The cost of a bunch of bikes in the garage (or trading repeatedly) takes funds away from enjoying what you have. It is my worn-out phrase, but one I try to live by, that happiness comes not from having what you want, but from wanting what you have. It applies to wives, dogs, houses, cars, ... and yes, motorcycles.

word of wisdom. loved it!

We as humans always more more. Bigger and better. That will never go away. Something you have to control. We have a hard time being happy with what we have.

If I think about wanting a newer bike or a different bike I just use the wife's help. One mention of a new bike to her and I will rethink my idea fast. :confused:

Bikes are like wifes, you find the one your in love with and then a newer model or hotter model can come along and drive you crazy. Temptation is the doorway to the darkside!

Then again I always say "ride it like you stole it!" :cool:

I tried to always focus on what i need rather than what i want and usually ended up feeling getting more than i needed. Its indeed an awesome feeling.

Sent from my X508 using Tapatalk 4

Back