• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Need to find the sub-model for my 2018 NC750X

Penguinsfan82

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Any one know where to find it? I have the VIN, but could not locate a decoder online that gives the submodel. Apparently there are 4 choices.

I am assuming you are asking how to determine if you have the XA vs XDA etc. I don't know how to do that with a VIN but I am aware of four subtypes as follows:
NC700X- base MT model
NC700XA- MT with ABS
NC700XD- DCT transmission
NC700XDA- DCT with ABS

There is also a NC700D "Integra" scooter which is a great reference point to anyone who accuses our venerable X of being a maxiscoot

I hope this actually answered your question

The MT with ABS has never been sold in the USA...Pensguinsfan...if your 2018 nc750x is a manual (clutch level), then you have the base MT model....If you have a DCT, you either have the nc750xd (without ABS) or the NC750 XDA, with ABS.

Also overseas, there is the S model and for a short period of time (dont know if it is still in production), the F model....neither sold in the USA, ever....

Also from what I understand most parts are interchangeable except for certain ones, like the lower wind protectors which I have never seen anyone use IRL.

There are few DCT specific parts outside of, you know, the transmission case.

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to buy a front left cowl (part with the Honda symbol on it) for my 2018 X and Revzilla is asking me if it is for the NC750XAC or NC750XA. Those are the only two choices and I assume it will determine the color of the piece. I need it in grey/silver, but not sure what the color options were for 2018.

The MT with ABS has never been sold in the USA...Pensguinsfan...if your 2018 nc750x is a manual (clutch level), then you have the base MT model....If you have a DCT, you either have the nc750xd (without ABS) or the NC750 XDA, with ABS.
I am one of the dozen people who wanted the MT *and* ABS.

Honda!! Soichiro is probably frowning over this!

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to buy a front left cowl (part with the Honda symbol on it) for my 2018 X and Revzilla is asking me if it is for the NC750XAC or NC750XA. Those are the only two choices and I assume it will determine the color of the piece. I need it in grey/silver, but not sure what the color options were for 2018.
That part will be identical and I believe there are no color options for that year. I know the US model was cherry red in '17 while the Canadian model was a very nice blue... But otherwise no choice

Also, I get almost all of my OEM parts from Rocky mountain atv & mc. They do 20% off MSRP. I don't know what RevZilla pricing is like for OEM, just a suggestion.

That part will be identical and I believe there are no color options for that year. I know the US model was cherry red in '17 while the Canadian model was a very nice blue... But otherwise no choice

Also, I get almost all of my OEM parts from Rocky mountain atv & mc. They do 20% off MSRP. I don't know what RevZilla pricing is like for OEM, just a suggestion.
I tried to find the part at Rocky Mountain, but they apparently don't support the 2018 750X??? Was not in the drop down when selecting my model. Ended up going with Bike Bandit....first time buyer there, so we will see.

Same here, disappointing that Honda doesn't make that an option in the US. Ended up with the manual and only my reflexes as ABS....
Here is my opinion on that topic. Honda makes or could make the motorcycle in the MT/ABS configuration suitable for US regulations, but American Honda apparently chose not to import that configuration. The NC is poor seller in the US market, so it’s likely that limited configurations were chosen to fill that limited market. Since ABS is not mandatory yet in the US, two trim levels were sold here. For a base price, you get a manual NC. For a higher price, you get ABS and DCT. And unlike Europe, you don’t get up to four color choices in the US, rather you get one color choice, and in some rare cases, two. Likewise, the S model and the Integra were never sold in the USA, and the 750 arrived much later than it did in Europe.

The export code AC is for California bikes only and A indicates other 49 USA states. Different colored plastic items, if any, are sublisted under the general Honda part number for the part.

Export Codes: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/honda-parts/honda-area-code-identification

Honda parts diagram for Middle Cowl for 2018 NC750XA: https://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/5aeb6f6f87a86612c4b12b39/side-cowl

Last edited:
Back