• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nelson Rigg CL 1060 Tail Bag

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody ever try one of these? Straps directly to the back seat, Will raise with the rear seat to get gas, no need to remove.

Anybody ever try one of these? Straps directly to the back seat, Will raise with the rear seat to get gas, no need to remove.

I’ve got the largest version, the Touring, strapped to the Givi Monokey plate on my Givi luggage rack, not on to the pillion seat as you suggest. When I need more storage, I just release the 4 clipped straps and click on my Givi V47 top box. So I can’t comment on the fitment to the pillion seat, but I can say that it’s a quality well built bag. You won’t be able to fit a helmet in it, but water bottles, light jacket, lunch bucket, sunscreen etc all will.

I have a Nelson Riggs tail bag that I bought 11 years ago that mostly sat in the closet because my Burgman 650 had more than enough storage with the top case for 95% of the time It only got used for weekend trips to carry additional supplies. I am now using this case daily on my NC750x until I get proper luggage, I will say the quality is great and does a good job.20210725_114757.jpg

I have a Nelson Riggs tail bag that I bought 11 years ago that mostly sat in the closet because my Burgman 650 had more than enough storage with the top case for 95% of the time It only got used for weekend trips to carry additional supplies. I am now using this case daily on my NC750x until I get proper luggage, I will say the quality is great and does a good job.View attachment 45872
I also have that exact same bag up in my soft luggage storage area. It's pretty roomy inside.

It’s enormous. Have been using their bags for several years - superb.

Attachments

• 3999A6F2-0116-40AF-A4C6-84A0EC7E4336.png
    3999A6F2-0116-40AF-A4C6-84A0EC7E4336.png
    12.6 MB · Views: 23
So do these work so I won’t have to remove it to fill up? I’m really liking the idea.

I ordered the touring size bag and a luggage rack. Willmount it on the luggage rack so its not on the pass seat.

I might use a plate in the bottom of the bag so it bolts to the luggage rack holes and use the straps on my Concours 14 luggage rack when I use it on that bike.

I ordered the sport one and am going to evaluate if it is the right size. Just waiting for it to arrive!

I wanted to be able to put my xl shoei neotec 2 in it as it won't fit in the frunk and I don't really like leaving it hanging on the bars. Will see what it looks like on the bike. It might look big

I wanted to be able to put my xl shoei neotec 2 in it as it won't fit in the frunk and I don't really like leaving it hanging on the bars. Will see what it looks like on the bike. It might look big
I installed a helmet guardian on the recommendation of several members here. Works really well

The Shoei neotec 2 doesn't have a d ring. Just a quick disconnect. Got my touring bag today. Its 13" wide, 15" long, 8" tall collapsed. Expanded it holds my helmet. The smaller than the touring size bag would not have been able hold my helmet..

My rack should be here tomorrow and I can get rack and bag mounted to the bike and see what it looks like.

Attachments

• 20240119_151606.jpg
    20240119_151606.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240119_151626.jpg
    20240119_151626.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240119_151922.jpg
    20240119_151922.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
The Shoei neotec 2 doesn't have a d ring. Just a quick disconnect. Got my touring bag today. Its 13" wide, 15" long, 8" tall collapsed. Expanded it holds my helmet. The smaller than the touring size bag would not have been able hold my helmet..

My rack should be here tomorrow and I can get rack and bag mounted to the bike and see what it looks like.
Looks great so far!

Back