• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 2013 NC700X Owner - Central IL

richRAD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I'm the proud new owner of a new 2013 NC700X. I've traditionally ridden sport bikes and dirt, but fell in love the NC700X due to the comfort, style, fuel efficiency and bulletproof reputation of Honda.

I've already got an extensive wishlist for the bike, so look for me to be active throughout the riding season, and into the winter for bike mods etc. These forums seem very friendly, and I'm pretty excited to be part of the group.

cheers

richRAD :D

Hi! Welcome from another central Illinois rider. You're right, we are friendly!

I thought central Illinois and Chicagoland were like 2 different states?

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome from another central Illinois rider. You're right, we are friendly!

I thought central Illinois and Chicagoland were like 2 different states?

You're 100% correct, they basically are two different states. I grew up near Chicago, just put that in when creating my profile. Profile corrected :)

And hello everybody :)

You're 100% correct, they basically are two different states. I grew up near Chicago, just put that in when creating my profile. Profile corrected :)

And hello everybody :)

Cool, I'll PM you and we can compare notes on the straight, rough, boring Illinois roads.

Hey all,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I'm the proud new owner of a new 2013 NC700X. I've traditionally ridden sport bikes and dirt, but fell in love the NC700X due to the comfort, style, fuel efficiency and bulletproof reputation of Honda.

I've already got an extensive wishlist for the bike, so look for me to be active throughout the riding season, and into the winter for bike mods etc. These forums seem very friendly, and I'm pretty excited to be part of the group.

cheers

richRAD :D

Wanna see something really spooky? I don't mean to be nosy but I recognized the bike and the location, and the fact that the bike was there yesterday and gone today. Look at the photo i just took :

image.jpg

Small world.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to this forum lots of really good information and helpful advice. I live in Bloomington, IL. What part of Central IL are you from ?

Gerald

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum. I just moved from Decatur about a year ago. I worked for Caterpillar and that town was hit hard with lots of jobs losses so I had to move south but the wifes entire family lives there so we visit often. She has family in Mattoon, Shelbyville, Charleston, Decatur, Mt. Zion, and Springfield. She is actually from a town called Moweaqua but it is pretty small. You may not have heard of it. Welcome Again.

Wanna see something really spooky? I don't mean to be nosy but I recognized the bike and the location, and the fact that the bike was there yesterday and gone today. Look at the photo i just took :

View attachment 17209

Small world.

Not nosy at all, I posted this picture on the internet.. :-D

Why did you take a picture of an empty parking lot though, I'm hoping you had a bike in there somewhere :)

Back