• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Adventure Touring Bike

It has a lot of styling ques from the NC and interestingly enough, the motor designation is NC250

It's Chinese though.

I'd give it a week before it started shaking itself to bits.

Chinese factories are capable of making any level of quality. But the "customer" has to make sure the factory does their job correctly and they must be willing to pay for the quality. I bought a 50cc Chinese scooter once for $450 (brand new) and it was pretty junky. But the quality on the iPhone/iPad/etc, which are all made in China, are top notch.

CSC is the company that has made the mustang knockoffs for a number of years now, so this bike does not surprise me. The quality of some of the Chinese products has come a long way in the last 5 years. Chinese Taiwan is the location of Kymco, who is the largest scooter manufacture in the world. If you look real close on many of the Japanese and German products there will be a very small sticker that says "Made in Taiwan".

Last edited:
Honda has a new Honda shadow out.I was liking it until I read the 2.4 gallon tank.about 100 miles on a tank.

It is my understanding that it is the Chinese government's espionage policy to steal intellectual property from every business worldwide. No wonder is difficult to buy anything that is not made in China.

Interesting. I might have to take a look at one of these when they get here. Not that I would trade the NC on one even if these bikes are decent quality, but they do have a pretty nice spec sheet given the size/cost.

The words Adventure and Touring don't seem to go well with 250cc in my mind. Put a body and gear in the bags and I'm be concerned about it making it up a steep paved hill much less an off-road one. Seems like the equivalent of a Walmart "Mountain" bike. Sure it may look the part, but riding down the side of a mountain or down a technical single-track seems like a really bad idea.

Harbor Freight will be stocking these soon and with a 20% off coupon they will be a bargain! Don't forget about the free flashlight too.

The words Adventure and Touring don't seem to go well with 250cc in my mind. Put a body and gear in the bags and I'm be concerned about it making it up a steep paved hill much less an off-road one. Seems like the equivalent of a Walmart "Mountain" bike. Sure it may look the part, but riding down the side of a mountain or down a technical single-track seems like a really bad idea.
There are a lot of people on the TW200 forum that would disagree with you. You don't need 50+ hp to enjoy adventure touring. Granted, you won't be traveling the interstates but have just as much if not more fun.

Granted, you won't be traveling the interstates but have just as much if not more fun.
Unless in a big hurry or perhaps trying to get past a big city or over the Mississippi river why would anyone want to be on the interstate on a motorcycle? :confused:

And for those reasons I would frequently get on the interstate riding my one lung, 550# MP3 250 and travel at 75+ mph. I put 25,000 miles on that MP3, and they were fun. :)

If one wants to ride on an interstate one might as well ride a Harley.

The only RX3 I'd want is one of those old Mazda rotary engine cars.

That was my dream car as a kid..they were unreliable, expensive to run blah blah according to everyone. By the time I was old enough to drive an RX7 became my first car. I'd still have another one in a flash. I think its similar to the nostalgia I still get with my two strokes from days gone past.

You are mixing two things-when they produce something for Apple or nike or whatever-they have to keep the quality up to company's (western)standards. When Chinese manufacturer making something under their own brand (kymco) -quality standards are up to them.

Unless in a big hurry or perhaps trying to get past a big city or over the Mississippi river why would anyone want to be on the interstate on a motorcycle? :confused:

And for those reasons I would frequently get on the interstate riding my one lung, 550# MP3 250 and travel at 75+ mph. I put 25,000 miles on that MP3, and they were fun. :)

If one wants to ride on an interstate one might as well ride a Harley.

So I shouldn't ride a NCX because all I do is ride interstate?

Harbor Freight will be stocking these soon and with a 20% off coupon they will be a bargain! Don't forget about the free flashlight too.
Is this really true? I'd buy one at that price if it is true! Kind of an almost disposable bike!
Plus I'll get a free flash light!

So I shouldn't ride a NCX because all I do is ride interstate?
Not totally true, you have posted about finding different rides home for fun. Didn't say anyone "shouldn't" just asked "why". ;)

My own trip to Tennessee last week included 60+ miles of freeway when the option was to be on Metropolitan Atlanta streets.

Last edited:
Back