• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

new b/rest design!!

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
been working on a new backrest/rack etc,it will come in 3 pieces and it will be easy to assemble and fit to.
its a simple method of putting one half of the rail onto the bike and the top half on , the the other half onto the top rail and swing round and fit to the bike without having to remove the hand rail altogether or seat,just remove the bolts and slide the brackets under etc.
because it is at an angle there's no need for bolts etc to keep the top half to the bottom.
once all is lined up its just a matter of tightening the bolts up.
NO CUTTING OF PLASTICS, NO REMOVAL OF HAND RAILS OR SEAT.
also it will be easier to ship with less chance of getting damage.
and quite possible at a later date supply a bigger rack to fit directly to the bottom half for those long camping weekends or vacations.
for this you wont need a back rest as all your camping gear will support your passenger.
oh and I've bought the givi brackets to so if require I can make the rack etc with mount welded to the lower half of the frame for givi frame to attached to.
GIVI 1111 KIT - Givi Top Boxes | Givi Side Cases | Givi Fitting Kits | Monokey Box | Monolock Case

as for price!this one will be $210 to USA.
not sure what is going to happen as to making these. I wont know till we come back off our hols.
new job? not sure as yet whether I'll do it full time or part time.

9su6.jpg

dy2a.jpg

gk8k.jpg

I fitted the new style back rest and found it much easier to fit and quickly and with out having to move the grab rails or front seat.
I remove rear seat to get clear pictures only other wise you can leave it fitted.
I had to remove my own rack etc so that is why things are as it is loosely fitted.
quite please with the results so far.
the rack sits a little high but I can't alter that due to tubing fitments.
perfect for back rest only though so what do you guys think.

lyp9.jpg

ze1q.jpg

xres.jpg

4qy1.jpg

4hpi.jpg

ksx8.jpg

Last edited:
Hello John, I was wondering if you ever got a round to making a backrest to fit with givi bags?
been working on a new backrest/rack etc,it will come in 3 pieces and it will be easy to assemble and fit to.
its a simple method of putting one half of the rail onto the bike and the top half on , the the other half onto the top rail and swing round and fit to the bike without having to remove the hand rail altogether or seat,just remove the bolts and slide the brackets under etc.
because it is at an angle there's no need for bolts etc to keep the top half to the bottom.
once all is lined up its just a matter of tightening the bolts up.
NO CUTTING OF PLASTICS, NO REMOVAL OF HAND RAILS OR SEAT.
also it will be easier to ship with less chance of getting damage.
and quite possible at a later date supply a bigger rack to fit directly to the bottom half for those long camping weekends or vacations.
for this you wont need a back rest as all your camping gear will support your passenger.
oh and I've bought the givi brackets to so if require I can make the rack etc with mount welded to the lower half of the frame for givi frame to attached to.
GIVI 1111 KIT - Givi Top Boxes | Givi Side Cases | Givi Fitting Kits | Monokey Box | Monolock Case

Back