• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New bike

HalfCentury

Reaction score
Visit site
Just acquired a 2012 NC700X with 1911 miles on the odometer as pictured.

My eventual goal is to use the bike to ride to some trails and do some off road riding.

Having ridden it once on the freeway to get the back to my house, the one thing I would change for off road riding is to change out the rear sprocket for a 48 tooth sprocket. It feels to me that the gearing is much too tall at slow speeds.

Is there a know source for compatible rear sprockets in sizes from 45T up to 48T?

Attachments

• IMG_20190815_125604942.jpg
    IMG_20190815_125604942.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 85
Hey HC welcome to the Ride! When i scored my NC last year it too had low miles, 1702 to be exact. I have been doing a lot of off road riding lately and have found the NC to be an amazing torq monster. I ride with a 17T in the front and a 39T in the rear and first-second gear work well for me. I just finished an hour worth of GoPro video of the gnarly ride and should be able to post it here in a couple of days. I'd recommend trying the bike as it is off roading in your area and then make the decision if you want a higher rear sprocket or not. The NC's have an amazing amount of torq i find very useful on the more aggressive trails i have been riding lately. :{)

Mason Pk with NC3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your experience and observations. I will take your advice and try the bike as-is on some off road trails.

roger that. i am not a small guy at 6'6" and 230lbs and my NC hauls me around the woods like a champ! Granted it is not a WR250r, but the WR is no NC either! I believe you'll be happy with the NC's capabilities out there in them' woods! :{)

Back