• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New CB1100X

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope this happens. Plenty power crossed with practicality. The 1100AT is a good platform for this bike. Especially if it will be available with the DCT like the AT already is.

If this shit happens, I will be making a purchase.

Plenty power, 17" wheels, dual front brakes, inverted forks, and DCT should be available

Last edited:
Looks interesting, What is the appeal over say the AT? I guess I'm having trouble seeing where this would fit in the current line up.

If the X follows the NC X then may be a bit lower seat height and suspension/clearance than the AT?
I do like the renderings in the article. Hopefully, fewer overlapping side panels than the NC!

Last edited:
Guys I am near 70 YO In my lifetime everything has been bigger , bigger , bigger.
Now it is the other way. It would be so hard for me to get a downed bike up that is larger than the NC700X that i could be stuck off road a long time .

The mock-up sketches are nice looking. Speaking only of the North American market, I wonder why Honda would think that a bike so similar to the sales-failure VFR1200X would sell well, especially when it seems so very similar to the AT? Maybe ditching the shaft drive and V4 sheds a bit of weight, but frankly the shaft drive is WAY more appealing to me for a big, heavy street bike.

If they do make it, I hope it succeeds.

I own a VFR. I actually believe that the VFRs USA launch simultaneous to the AT was what killed the sales. On the VFR forum members say it was discontinued because of emissions, cost to retool, etc. Don't know if that is true or not. But, the rendered bike could be a play by Honda to convert AT riders no longer riding off road, NC riders who want a little more, and the VFR riders like me whose riding habits have changed and want a lighter bike. Potential market grows applying my perhaps uninformed logic. The VFR (I think) had very healthy sales in the UK and EU...not record breaking but healthy. Truly two cents...just a hobbyist not an expert.

I own a VFR. I actually believe that the VFRs USA launch simultaneous to the AT was what killed the sales. On the VFR forum members say it was discontinued because of emissions, cost to retool, etc. Don't know if that is true or not. But, the rendered bike could be a play by Honda to convert AT riders no longer riding off road, NC riders who want a little more, and the VFR riders like me whose riding habits have changed and want a lighter bike. Potential market grows applying my perhaps uninformed logic. The VFR (I think) had very healthy sales in the UK and EU...not record breaking but healthy. Truly two cents...just a hobbyist not an expert.
I know we were still reeling from the Recession in 2012 but I wish Honda would have brought the VFR1200X to the USA when it released in the UK and elsewhere, I think that was 2012. In comparison reviews it did well in company with the BMW GS and Super Tenere, both of which have sold in reasonable numbers to date.

The mock-up sketches are nice looking. Speaking only of the North American market, I wonder why Honda would think that a bike so similar to the sales-failure VFR1200X would sell well, especially when it seems so very similar to the AT? Maybe ditching the shaft drive and V4 sheds a bit of weight, but frankly the shaft drive is WAY more appealing to me for a big, heavy street bike.

If they do make it, I hope it succeeds.
You have an excellent point there about this new CB1100X lacking shaft drive. I, for one, would never buy a sport touring bike that uses chain drive.

Hope this happens. Plenty power crossed with practicality. The 1100AT is a good platform for this bike. Especially if it will be available with the DCT like the AT already is.

If this shit happens, I will be making a purchase.

Plenty power, 17" wheels, dual front brakes, inverted forks, and DCT should be available

I guess by now you have seen the Rebel 1100...

Back