• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

new fuel tank for nc

HONDABIKEPRO

Supporting Vendor
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just finish new aluminum fuel tank, that replaces rear seat, auto feeds into main tank, and hinges up to refuel main tank. tested it this week end ran 325 miles before fuel light came on, it was a little smaller than i had hoped for it holds 1.9 gallons. but only 1.7 is usable because of the fuel outlet position built into the bottom of the tank. i will make a little bit larger one next month, i am making all aluminum saddle bags that will really fit the bike, and not be sticking out like all the after market bags, trying to keep it narrow, will post pic of tank as soon as i can figure whats wrong with my photo bucket??

Just finish new aluminum fuel tank, that replaces rear seat, auto feeds into main tank, and hinges up to refuel main tank. tested it this week end ran 325 miles before fuel light came on, it was a little smaller than i had hoped for it holds 1.9 gallons. but only 1.7 is usable because of the fuel outlet position built into the bottom of the tank. i will make a little bit larger one next month, i am making all aluminum saddle bags that will really fit the bike, and not be sticking out like all the after market bags, trying to keep it narrow, will post pic of tank as soon as i can figure whats wrong with my photo bucket??

Please don't tease us with a post without pictures!
:p

It is no good without pictures!

I wait patiently for you to sort out the photo technical issues....

Sounds like an excellent modification. I admire guys like you and Lee who have the skills to do this sort of thing

come on you guys, you no me better then that! dale Ii will admit it, i am really weak with computers, and things that do not have ignition points. ha ha.

Just think about us poor bastards that have no building skills AND no computer skills! ;)

*kicks rock* :(

One of my young techs will be in tomorrow he can fix me, i mean this photo bucket. i am sure it is just a operator malfunction , probably drilled to many holes in the bucket to lighted it up. dale

AA29B6B0-15A6-4DE3-BA3A-A79F389D90CC-154-00000014D9F35561.jpg

4656D763-76E2-45C8-8E70-0FE548773D86-154-00000014CECBA6FF.jpg

04798C34-8823-4E59-8EBB-E9E7A1998031-154-0000000DC8653D42.jpg

232E731B-2C96-44E1-BCBC-8623B935E95D-154-0000000DB2DAB9FA.jpg

C0F5FA32-6FAE-4A4E-A9D5-5599BD43E116-154-0000000DA7E1E302.jpg

8026BDAC-C882-481F-882D-684B5CFFC908-154-0000000D939E499D.jpg

01EB4CCD-D9CB-41DC-AC69-7BD34CA95D88-154-0000000D851878F9.jpg

could not post pic had a operator problem,, but i am fixed now, dale

Wow, Dale, that's awesome work!

I totally love how it's tapered and angled to match the lines of the bike, not just a square blob, and the rear is curved to allow it to pivot up/back and clear the luggage rack's front. It is nice to look at in addition to being a cool thing. Form and function. :cool:

The only thing I would do differently would be to have a flush (aircraft/sportbike style) fuel cap versus a sticky outy one, but that would also be a little bit more fussy to fab up.

How does the fuel flow into the stock tank? Is there a positive "mechanical" seal or a simpler flexible "friction" fit type of connection?***

Great work!

***Edit: Or you're probably using the upper vent hose on the stock tank for this?

Last edited:
Wow, Dale, that's awesome work!

I totally love how it's tapered and angled to match the lines of the bike, not just a square blob, and the rear is curved to allow it to pivot up/back and clear the luggage rack's front. It is nice to look at in addition to being a cool thing. Form and function. :cool:

The only thing I would do differently would be to have a flush (aircraft/sportbike style) fuel cap versus a sticky outy one, but that would also be a little bit more fussy to fab up.

How does the fuel flow into the stock tank? Is there a positive "mechanical" seal or a simpler flexible "friction" fit type of connection?***

Great work!

***Edit: Or you're probably using the upper vent hose on the stock tank for this?
Yes running it into stock vent hose.. I agree on the gas fill, would like to fine a better one, but has to be aluminum to be able to weld it to the tank. thanks for the good idea, i will have to see if i can locate one, and make another tank. dale

Yes running it into stock vent hose.. I agree on the gas fill, would like to fine a better one, but has to be aluminum to be able to weld it to the tank. thanks for the good idea, i will have to see if i can locate one, and make another tank. dale

You might be able to simply buy and install something like they have on the aluminum or poly fuel cells (like Jazz for example) that bolt on a ring, and use gaskets to seal. These are tried and tested and are approved for all sanctioned racing etc., so you know they are every bit as safe as can be. They are the same ones for both aluminum and poly tanks.

COOL !!! i will go to the race shop, and see what the have, in would look much better. and its low profile , one of the problems i had was being able to clear the tank and filler getting on and off the bike. that looks like the hot ticket. thanks dale

Dale your killing me. First an awesome skid plate that I had to buy now an aux tank ill probably have to buy for my day iron butt!!!!!

Back