• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Guy USA

AVG1940

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Folks,

New guy. Purchased a "new" (.9 mi) NOS 2018 a couple weeks ago. Have been doing mods prior to really riding it, all the usual gizmos. Didn't take long to realize two things after the first 100 miles; The seat is a tragedy for my pampered bum (no, not actual pampers...yet. Used to a much nicer seats is all), and the suspension could use some help. Of course, no offense to all those who are content. I'm coming from much larger adventure rigs, so being spoiled is the norm.

Was able to snag a "100 mile" ASV4 shock for $100 a couple nights ago, so couldn't pass it up. Will order new fork springs if I find the front really lacking after the ASV4 install. A proper matching replacement spring for the rear shock (proper sag and weight specs for me) is in the works.

Pretty good aftermarket for these bikes. Helps that they sell a crap-ton of them world wide. Case in point is the fact Americans will forum just about anything, but the most complete NC forum is this one...an International effort. Well, cool. I'll take good input from anywhere, anytime.

I'll post pics only if the topic hasn't been covered, unless requested. I will restore or mod anything I can get my hands on, so it's likely this bike will suffer the same fate before long. Usually starts with aftermarket parts, then goes to hell from there. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum. Your seat and suspension comments are heard often, so you’re not alone. Just remember that Honda carefully calls the NC7x0X an adventure styled motorcycle. It is really a street motorcycle, and a very good one, but if you try too hard to make it something that it’s not, you may be disappointed.

Enjoy your new bike!

Nah, not trying to redesign this excellent platform. Was a bit surprised at nearly instant monkey butt though. The seat is way too hard for me. Also wanted more adjustability in the suspension. I have a mod illness. Can't help it. This bike will only see the occasional dirt road. It will mostly be a road bike...local 1-2 day trips, tops. I have access to some outstanding machines, so if things get too specific, I use the appropriate tool. This bike is me lightening things up for shorter rides. I'm super happy to finally snag one. But I will improve the easy stuff...

Attachments

• 1DVVAVsg.jpeg
    1DVVAVsg.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 22
Welcome to the forum. My 2012 NC came with a seat concept seat installed by one of the previous owners. The most comfortable seat I ever had on a motorcycle ;)

Thanks for the welcome. Having Seat concepts less than 2 miles from my house is maddening. I put my order in 5 weeks ago. I stopped by the other day. Still a month or better out. I did take an electric knife to the hard edges of the seat. I also put an"Alaska Butt Pad" on...noticeably better.

I did put on an RSV4 shock today, sprung it with an Appropriate Eibach spring from Summit (of all places). Also noticeably better. Nice having easy adjustments.

Thanks for the welcome. Having Seat concepts less than 2 miles from my house is maddening. I put my order in 5 weeks ago. I stopped by the other day. Still a month or better out. I did take an electric knife to the hard edges of the seat. I also put an"Alaska Butt Pad" on...noticeably better.

I did put on an RSV4 shock today, sprung it with an Appropriate Eibach spring from Summit (of all places). Also noticeably better. Nice having easy adjustments.

I've had a Russell...on my Super Tenere. Good seat. Thanks for reminding me. I've had tons of custom seats; Russell, Rick Mayer, Corbin, Sergeant... What I need to actually do is lose 25lbs. Bike and I will handle better. The Seat Concepts build seems like a good deal. And guys here give it a thumbs up. I'm on the short list now so we'll see.

Hey Folks,

New guy. Purchased a "new" (.9 mi) NOS 2018 a couple weeks ago. Have been doing mods prior to really riding it, all the usual gizmos. Didn't take long to realize two things after the first 100 miles; The seat is a tragedy for my pampered bum (no, not actual pampers...yet. Used to a much nicer seats is all), and the suspension could use some help. Of course, no offense to all those who are content. I'm coming from much larger adventure rigs, so being spoiled is the norm.

Was able to snag a "100 mile" ASV4 shock for $100 a couple nights ago, so couldn't pass it up. Will order new fork springs if I find the front really lacking after the ASV4 install. A proper matching replacement spring for the rear shock (proper sag and weight specs for me) is in the works.

Pretty good aftermarket for these bikes. Helps that they sell a crap-ton of them world wide. Case in point is the fact Americans will forum just about anything, but the most complete NC forum is this one...an International effort. Well, cool. I'll take good input from anywhere, anytime.

I'll post pics only if the topic hasn't been covered, unless requested. I will restore or mod anything I can get my hands on, so it's likely this bike will suffer the same fate before long. Usually starts with aftermarket parts, then goes to hell from there. Cheers.
Welcome to the forum. I bought a lightly used (1,300 mi) 2018 last July and have already put almost 10K miles on it. Added bar risers and some LEDs. I find the seat OK. I've done several 350+ mile days on it. I do want to upgrade the suspension, so I'd be interested to know how your mods work out. Please keep us updated!

Attachments

• 2018NC750.jpg
    2018NC750.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum. I bought a lightly used (1,300 mi) 2018 last July and have already put almost 10K miles on it. Added bar risers and some LEDs. I find the seat OK. I've done several 350+ mile days on it. I do want to upgrade the suspension, so I'd be interested to know how your mods work out. Please keep us updated!
J,
OK, to follow up.
So done a couple 100+ mile jaunts with the RSV4 shock. Ditched the stock Aprilia spring, and put on a stiffer Eibach (from summit). All in @ under $200. Well worth it. Very smooth on the soft settings and pretty easy to adjust those settings. Two up? My pops is only 125lbs., but was pleased with how nice the bike handled shitty roadway surfaces. The stock ride was pretty harsh compared with the current set up. I'm gonna say it is a must swap for any real miles. I only have the new seat mod and "Tail Tidy" left to do. Mods so far?; Rox anti-vibe bar risers, grip puppies, Puig windscreen, rear tire hugger, larger footpegs, fender extender up front, Ibex bash plate and crash bars, the rear shock, and a pair of Shad side cases.

Funny, I was telling my wife the bike was now a perfect 1-2 day local rider, but that she likely wouldn't like it as a passenger for any real long rides. She simply says, "Well, you can always find an inexpensive RT if we need to travel (I've had a crap-ton of BMW RT bikes). You should probably just get one once we get our (deployed) son's car out of the garage..."

Me; "Uh sure..."

I love that woman.
IMG_6400.jpg

Last edited:
Back