• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Honda?

More I look at it, more I like it. Not that I would ever buy one; but only cause I hate wasting maintenance time removing tupperware, while I love manual shift. But there are plenty of riders who somehow believe that tupperware enhances their experience, plenty who farm out their maintenance to the stealership and miss all the joy of wrenching, and plenty who dread learning to shift but don't want to be scooterheads. Put them together, add a rocket ship appearance... this is the thing. Nice that Honda can afford to think out of the box. Could hardly get farther from the boring old same old. I like it. Very Japanese.

NM4 Introduction - Honda Powersports

to futuristic for me and ugly as sin.
BMW k1 Biimota mantra were were ugly to but this tops them both.

BMW%20K1%2090%20%20.jpg

bimota-mantra-1.jpg

Interesting that it is listed as a "Limited Edition" on the website. Between assumed lowered production numbers and a limited buyer appeal, I can't imagine we'll see many of them on the road.

it seem,s that manufacturers don't learn.
this was an utter failure now defunct!
Honda%2BDN-01.jpg

Other than the engine layout, that DN01 looks surprisingly similar to the CTX1300. Could it flop as well?
image.jpg
I see the CTX1300 has a special discount going on now. Also, at the demo ride booth Honda was asking for test riders to fill out a survey of what they thought of the CTX. Just the CTX, no survey for other models. Those could be signs of desperation from low sales figures for the bike.

Last edited:
Not me. The riding position looks just like the CTX700 that I took for a test ride two weeks ago. The riding position sucked for me, it felt worse than my PC800. I wish Honda good luck with it though. It will probably appeal to younger riders than my decrepit old self.

my friend has a DN-01 apart from the looks he likes it.
he said sat on the bike your not looking at it !
oh and he bought very cheap to.dealers here can't shift them.#
I wonder why!

BatWing! I actually like it. All bikes tend to look the same. Good to see something different. Thats why i bought the NC, its different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I test rode this on Monday.

Totally odd. The DCT helped a lot, but walking speed stability is an issue. And getting your feet to the ground takes a while.... if not careful you may get busy!

Roundabouts need concentration too, but once on the move - 40-60 MPH it's actually alright.

This is a bike which might need a bit more grunt than the 750 could offer. Sort of encourages to accelerate flat out from each corner.

Further, lifting the right foot to the brake lever requires practice. Takes a while and I wouldn't want to end up in a panic situation with this.

Very interesting concept, though.

Tapani

Attachments

• Vultus.jpg
    Vultus.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 967
Exactly !

The lady who gave the bike to me (for the ride :)) said that the only thing that's missing is Robin.

The gear I had with me was a flat black Shuberth helmet, camo pants and a black jacket with large orange flames....

I rode the bike to get a feel for the DCT - I rode the manual NCX demo for two hours prior to that.

The Vultus is not for me, but it was a nice gesture from her to "force" me to ride it. Cool experience and the kids loved its looks !

Tapani

I see the CTX1300 has a special discount going on now. Also, at the demo ride booth Honda was asking for test riders to fill out a survey of what they thought of the CTX. Just the CTX, no survey for other models. Those could be signs of desperation from low sales figures for the bike.

It may be that they are asking for surveys on new models. I don't know, but I had to fill one out when I demo rode the new Valkyrie. What an ANIMAL!!!

I test rode this on Monday.

Totally odd. The DCT helped a lot, but walking speed stability is an issue. And getting your feet to the ground takes a while.... if not careful you may get busy!

Roundabouts need concentration too, but once on the move - 40-60 MPH it's actually alright.

This is a bike which might need a bit more grunt than the 750 could offer. Sort of encourages to accelerate flat out from each corner.

Further, lifting the right foot to the brake lever requires practice. Takes a while and I wouldn't want to end up in a panic situation with this.

Very interesting concept, though.

That's odd, the US Model looks totally different. Please see image below, "NO" that's not me on the NM4.

Attachments

• NM4_9-10-14.jpg
    NM4_9-10-14.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 477
Looks the same to me, just doesn't have the saddle cases on.

Maybe I'm not that good at playing spot-the-difference...

Looks the same to me, just doesn't have the saddle cases on.

Maybe I'm not that good at playing spot-the-difference...

The NM4-01 has no integrated saddlebags, the NM4-02 has integrated saddlebags. I think North America only gets the NM4-02 models. (DCT, ABS, Saddlebags)

Canada gets the 750cc engine like the rest of the world versus the 'States being the only place to only have the 670cc, but I still haven't determined if we are still unable to get a DCT option with the NM4, like we don't for any of the NC/CT/NM model series.

Canada must be the only country in the entire world where there is no DCT available! (not counting the VFR1200 of course)

Back