• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Laam seat

Thanks folks! If the aftermarket seat is a crap shoot, maybe a new version makes sense, keeping seats and an upgraded windshield in the budget.. I'll be seriously looking in November, when the prices come down,. I want to put collector plates on my GLs and keep the miles low. The gear I buy for touring on my GL650 will work on the NC750x too. I am not a fan of the suitcase bags tha are made for the GL and not a fan of those hard cases on the NCs. These roll-tops will change shape according you your load and keep things dry. I have a roll-top duffle too.
IMG_20200831_144217600.jpg

Sorry for the delay in my review....overall, I am very pleased with my seat from Seth Laam. Seth is a super nice guy and has years of experience in rebuilding seats. Of course, this experience doesn't come without a price and you have to be patient with him as he works through the all the other seats he has in his pipeline to rebuild. From the day I shipped, to the day the seat returned, was 4 weeks. Not a huge amount of time, but more than I originally expected. In our telephone discussion about what I wanted in the rebuilt seat, we discussed a lot of considerations from the seat height, slope, my preferred seated position in the saddle, seat material and other expectations. The one thing I wished I had discussed with him in more detail is that my derriere is not exceedingly wide and the seat seems to be a little wider than I would prefer and doesn't snug around me. I can't say I slide around in the seat, but it doesn't conform to me as much as I had hoped. I would suspect that if I brought this up with Seth, he would make it right, but I haven't put many miles in the seat to feel like I warrant such a quick request. I don't feel any sloping inclination to the frunk with the new seat. The craftsmanship and finish of the seat is extraordinary. My wife really like the pillion, as he made it a little wider than the stock seat without it being gaudy and overwhelmingly large. As far as price, Seth's prices are right in line with other seat rebuilders, if not a little on the low side, considering the product he puts out. After talking to him about my seat for over 30 minutes, we developed a good customer relationship and I learned more about the Redding, CA area and how much I'd like to go out and visit and see some of the landscape in his neck of the woods. I would not hesitate in working with Seth again for a seat. Enjoy the pics.

20200929_175531.jpg20200929_175547.jpg20200929_175507.jpg20200929_175518.jpg20200929_175500.jpg

Man that is a great looking seat combo! Driver seat looks exactly what my idea of a comfy seat would be. I like my Seat Concepts seat pretty good, a lot better than stock, but still get a sore arse on long rides, especially with a pillion.

Saw someone up @ Uncle Tom's off Wentworth Springs that had a Laam seat on his FJ1300 and he loved it and said a bunch of IronButt riders use Laam seats. I'll get one for mine cause the stock seat is torture after an hr

Kudos, i have never heard of Laam seats though i have been to Redding several times over the years. Good to know as another resource.

I have about 5k on my RDL now and am still enjoying the comfort of that seat. I have several trips on it already, a 2600, 1630, several day trips of 200-500 miles. :{P
I"m on my second RDL. Great seat, great service, fair price.

Not to get off the seat topic, but what kind of windshield are you running, and the smaller top one if you don’t mind.

Back