• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information New member from Virginia

Reconrokon

Reaction score
Visit site
Reconrokon here (Jay) from Virginia. I just bought a 2012 Honda NC700X and found this forum online, decided to join. This is not my usual type of bike, but I found it intriguing and with the excellent mileage, I bought it. I usually ride big displacement cruisers with the forward controls. First thing I plan on doing is a aftermarket exhaust. Its super quiet stock. Thought about drilling the baffle out, but will probably just replace the stock muffler and keep it if I decide to sell the bike. Best regards, Jay
Honda.jpg

Its brand new with a new locking luggage trunk. I will not use it as I'll be commuting with the bike. The guy I bought the bike from had installed it. I plan on listing it for sale.
Don’t be too hasty. That looks like a pretty sweet Givi setup. I commute most days and I find myself wanting more storage, not less.

Hey Jay, welcome to the club. I previously rode heavy cruiser biked and toured quite a bit but when my wife got off for good i decided to go back to a lighter bike. I found a 2015 NX700 with low miles and hopped on. I didn't like the way it sounded so I put on a 2 Brothers carbon fiber (black) pipe. Wow, what a difference! Sounds like a poor man's Ducati Monster now. Being on a lighter quick handling bike has renewed my love for 2 wheeled power. Ride on! ElRealP1000544.JPG Mo sez "at 40 mph I caught 2"

Last edited:
Welcome from NC. Looks like the bar end weight is missing on the throttle side from the pic. I picked up a 2012 myself about a year ago. My other ride is a 2019 HD Streetglide special but my NC is my go to bike for commuting, running errands, etc. I have a Delkelvic pipe on mine. Great pipe at a great price.

Last edited:
Welcome from NC. Looks like the bar end weight is missing on the throttle side from the pic. I picked up a 2012 myself about a year ago. My other ride is a 2019 HD Streetglide special but my NC is my go to bike for commuting, running errands, etc. I have a Delkelvic pipe on mine. Great pipe at a great price.
You are correct about the bar end weight. Excellent attention to detail! I ordered a new set. I noticed the left side was very loose and tightened it up, then noticed the right side was missing. It could have vibrated off while I was riding or it could have been missing all along and I didn't notice?

Welcome! You’ll find the NC is a pretty sweet ride. It’s a great all around machine. Think about keeping that rear rack and trunk box. Bike is more than capable as a light touring rig. 400 mile days are easy to do. You’ll like the bike. Those bar ends will smooth the vibes in the bars a good bit.

Back