• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Member Here!

Rabbidt7

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm new here (obviously), looking forward to learning all about the NC bikes.

Some background on me:

So all my life I've been riding small motorbikes (125-250cc), mostly semi offroad, such as the Honda XR125 (actually the NXR 125 Bros - but I think they're about the same thing tbh). I've always done my own maintenance (all have been carb models), but the NC might need a more professional hand than mine?

I currently have a cheapy 250cc "supermotard" which I absolutely hate. It was sold to me by a mechanic who promised the bike is in perfect showroom condition, unfortunately it is not. I've taken the whole thing apart, stripped and cleaned almost everything and honestly I've just lost faith in it. This is my second bike in a couple of months that I will be selling, and frankly I just want to buy a proper, brand name bike again.

I loved my Honda back in the day, but that will just be too slow for me now. I love the NC, and the 700X would be just above my budget, so I'd ideally look for a good deal in the coming weeks (hopefully not months).

To save me from buying another broken bike, can you guys please advise of anything that I need to specifically look out for in an older NC700X before I buy?

I'll mostly do commuting in the city - possibly move to a more sandy/dirt track type of town next year (all pandemic depending), but I've seen some NC's with offroad tyres, that should be fine, I don't plan on doing actual offroading.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

I have learned how to wrench on motorcycles with the help of the two shop manuals, this forum, and YouTube University. I took a few shop classes in high school, but hadn't turned a wrench in years.

The only thing I can't do yet is electrical stuff.

The NC series is phenomenally simple and, other than the plastics, easy to work on.

There are few and rather rare issues which crop up on the NC, but it's a Honda. No special attention is required, aside from all the special attention which is required for a used bike purchase.

Welcome! I'm completly self-taught when it comes to mechanical things (with a little help starting out from a good friend who did my first Ninja250 service with me and recommended tools to buy)

I find the NC extremely easy to work on. Similar to Honda cars, you can tell the thing was designed to be easy to work on and intuitive.

Even the electricals are not terribly complicated, although Honda does use Japanese-made connectors that can be hard to find in the US.

Back