• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member in Fountain Hills AZ

Motojbj,
I purchased the same bike and did not know what you meant by “linked abs brakes”. Could you enlighten me or anyone else who knows what this is?
My understandong is that the 2012 and 2013 model year NC700X actually used linked brakes, in that the front caliper had three pistons fed by two hoses, where one of those front pistons was activated by the rear brake pedal. Subsequent model years definitely did not have this feature, as the front caliper was two piston fed by one hose. ”Linked ABS Brakes“ was never defined clearly by Honda, but on later model years, I interpret it to mean that the ABS is two channel, meaning the ABS can independently pulse the appropriate slipping wheel. The brake actuation itself is not really linked.

It is my observation that Honda marketing is very good at playing word games to tout a feature that is not actually what you might think it is.

Back