• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Member Introducing Himself

weimieman

Reaction score
Visit site
Afternoon all

Just a few lines to let you know who will be popping up on the forums from time to time.

Started riding Honda's back in 89 with the powerful hair dryer known as the MBX50. Worked through several models until I purchased an ex demonstrator GL1800 in 2004.

Long story short, after several services over the years and several courtesy bikes, the last bike I was given was an NC750X DCT and the fate of the Wing was sealed from there. Our thirteen year relationship was coming to an end, something I genuinely never thought would happen in a million years.

Due to the Wing holding it's value, I decided for the first time in my life to go for a brand new bike, chose the colour and the accessories etc. I've always gone for pre registered/ex demos etc so this was a rare treat. Basically I put every possible accessory onto it bar one and made it into a "Mini Wing" and the grin hasn't left my face since picking it up.

Everything is positive bar the one little grievance of my rear end but I don't suppose you can go from riding an armchair for thirteen years to a few square inches of sponge and not notice the difference can you? Maybe the sponge just needs breaking in with the tyres and engine :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Welcome to the forum, Weimieman! Congratulations on your new purchase. I am a little curious about how you intend to use your machine...commuter...long trips..etc. As an aside, my mother in law is from Sussex. Quite a distance from your neck of the woods.

Thanks for the replies both of you. Truthfully MZ, it'll do whatever I need it do which will be mainly a commuter, a relaxer and something just to be admired and cleaned!!!

Just a few lines to let you know who will be popping up on the forums from time to time.
Welcome from Oregon and congrats on your new bike!

Basically I put every possible accessory onto it bar one and made it into a "Mini Wing" and the grin hasn't left my face since picking it up.
I know that grin, it doesn’t go away.

Everything is positive bar the one little grievance of my rear end but I don't suppose you can go from riding an armchair for thirteen years to a few square inches of sponge and not notice the difference can you? Maybe the sponge just needs breaking in...
Ah yes, the NC’ butt dance caused by that seat! Sorry to say, it too won’t go away. My fix was an upgrade (you only live once) to a Russel Day-Long seat and my butt hasn’t had a reason to squirm since its installation.

Enjoy!

Ray

Welcome from Ohio, but born and bred in "sunny Scunny" (S****horpe)!! Spent quite a few caravan holidays in the Lake District and remember rowing our dinghy on Coniston Water!! Also started dating my wife on a trip there in '92 during final year at Newcastle Poly (aka Uni of Northumbria now)!!

Now would be a good time to post up some pictures of your bike, and include a list of your add-ons, mods and farkles!!

Welcome. The seat does not improve. I bought a Sargent, which is much better. The Russell would be better still, especially for long rides.

Back