• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I am Rob from Kingston, Washington. I chose SilverPelican because I like to think of my motorcycles as birds. I bought my bike in late July. I feel rather lucky because I bought it the first day it was shown at the dealer and two other people had already looked at it. I put down a $100 deposit on a Thursday night to complete the purchase Saturday morning. When I arrived Saturday the other 2 lookers were already there and disappointed that they had missed their chance to buy it.

I am Rob from Kingston, Washington. I chose SilverPelican because I like to think of my motorcycles as birds. I bought my bike in late July. I feel rather lucky because I bought it the first day it was shown at the dealer and two other people had already looked at it. I put down a $100 deposit on a Thursday night to complete the purchase Saturday morning. When I arrived Saturday the other 2 lookers were already there and disappointed that they had missed their chance to buy it.

The early bird gets its NCX....(worm)...LoL....lucky bird!
:p

I bought my bike in late July. I feel rather lucky because I bought it the first day it was shown at the dealer and two other people had already looked at it. When I arrived Saturday the other 2 lookers were already there and disappointed that they had missed their chance to buy it.

Hello, and welcome! Almost the same story for me as well. Just found out yesterday that my dealership has already sold two more since I've had mine! (one DCT, one without) Apparently, a popular bike, indeed. ;)

Hello everyone. My name is Greg and I am from Woodland, CA. I just bought my NCX today. It joins my 01 Blackbird and 01 DRZ400 in a garage that is getting crowded. The NCX will be my commuter to save miles on the Bird and double the gas mileage. Only 45 miles so far, but I love the sit-up-straight riding position and the great lightweight feel. The Blackbird feels like a lead sled in comparison. The NCX feel just as light as the DRZ on the road. I will be installing the factory saddlebags next week and waiting on the centerstand.

Hello everyone. My name is Greg and I am from Woodland, CA. I just bought my NCX today. It joins my 01 Blackbird and 01 DRZ400 in a garage that is getting crowded. The NCX will be my commuter to save miles on the Bird and double the gas mileage. Only 45 miles so far, but I love the sit-up-straight riding position and the great lightweight feel. The Blackbird feels like a lead sled in comparison. The NCX feel just as light as the DRZ on the road. I will be installing the factory saddlebags next week and waiting on the centerstand.
Hello Greg, welcome to the den.~Joe

I got the NC700X last Friday. It's my first motorcycle. I took the MSF class and got my M endorsement. I test rode this bike first and also a used Shadow. I felt more confident on the NC700. I have always liked cruisers but I think this is the perfect bike for me.

Hi guys,

Darryn from Australia here.

Signed up a deal for a NC700SA yesterday.

I have had my "learner" liscence here for about 6 weeks. Sadly a Kangaroo jumped out in front of me a couple of weeks ago and completely destroyed my brand new KLR650.........during my healing process after the accident, I decided that I wanted something that was not a "compromise" motorcycle for the road any more. I wanted something that I could commute on daily - and take on extended trips of around 400 to 500 klm's on every now and then. I will get a cheap "dirt" orientated bike for the fire roads and trails for riding with my mates later.

I think I rode just about everything when looking for my new bike - the Kawasaki Ninja, Versys, ER-6N, Suzuki GSX650F, Gladius , Honda CB400 - you name it ........when I "accidently" found the NC700SA...The state that I live in in Australia is the only one that allows "learners" to use this bike - that's why I had not "found" it.

I sat on it - and felt really comfortable. Then I took it for a ride - and fell in love! What a great motorcycle. Unfortunately for me - I have to wait until NOVEMBER for my white one to be delivered. They are becoming extremely popular here in Australia apparently...the wait is going to drive me crazy!! I am not interested in "racing" when I ride - so the power delivery and handling is perfect for me - however I can certainly feel how good the bike is going to be in the "twisties" - I think I am really going to enjoy this bike.....its the waiting for it that will drive me mad. Already looking at the options for luggage and exhaust.......this place is certainly going to provide "releif" until my bike arrives. :)

Lost of info to go throughon here for such a new bike, there seems to be a lot of helpful people on here.

Anyways - Hi - I look forward to being a part of the forum.

Cheers

Darryn

I have had my "learner" liscence here for about 6 weeks. Sadly a Kangaroo jumped out in front of me a couple of weeks ago and completely destroyed my brand new KLR650.........

Blasted 'roos! At least it wasn't a dropbear.

Welcome to the asylum. I hope the wait time passes quickly.

welcome Darryn. :)

I love Australia....but not the policeman who stopped me in 1997 for speeding at 135kmh on the highway. It was 120km? I was given a very hard lecture (sounded very racist to me then) for risking his life to chase me in his 5000cc Holden?
Darn, my Daihatsu 1.0L Charade must have given him some excitement.

:eek:

Last edited:
Interesting - those charades are real "sleepers" hahahahaha ;)

Max limit on Australian Highways (other than the Nullhabour plains) is 110kmh.......you must have been going downhill with a tailwind mate!! :)

Cheers

Darryn

Interesting - those charades are real "sleepers" hahahahaha ;)

Max limit on Australian Highways (other than the Nullhabour plains) is 110kmh.......you must have been going downhill with a tailwind mate!! :)

Cheers

Darryn

All I remembered was, "don't mess with him" because he was quite a big guy, and I was with my girlfriend (helpless lass), so I just let him go on and on. OF course, he also had that big pistol showing by his side.
I remember I was going 130+. Near the Snowy mountains? And actually my girlfriend actually saw him, and asked me to slow down. And did I listen?

Anyway, it was a fine of 300-400 aussie-dollars, etc. But the worst part was his threatening lecture, saying it was a pity he could not jail me or tear up my "foreigner driver's license".
Ouch.

Back