• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello from NE Florida. I got a very slightly used 2015 NC 700x w/DCT and ABS in November, and am having fun trying to figure it out! I've been riding for around 30 years, and this is my 5th bike. I look forward to learning all I can from everyone!

Hello from NE Florida. I got a very slightly used 2015 NC 700x w/DCT and ABS in November, and am having fun trying to figure it out! I've been riding for around 30 years, and this is my 5th bike. I look forward to learning all I can from everyone!
Congratulations on the new to you motorcycle and welcome to the forum

I have been lurking around this forum for about a year, and finally decided to pick up a 2018 NC750X for myself last week. Got an amazing discount off the original MSRP and I am excited to put some miles on. It is a totally new riding experience compared to my 2006 VTX1300, but one that I fell in love with immediately.
I ordered a rear rack, new boots (no more rocker shifter) and I am shopping for a large top case. And advice on the case is appreciated!

Welcome....I got the biggest top case I could find at the time. My rationale was that I didn't want to get to a place where I wished I had gone one size up. I don't load it up but use it more for storing my gear when I'm off bike. Lots of choices, good luck :)

case

Welcome....I got the biggest top case I could find at the time. My rationale was that I didn't want to get to a place where I wished I had gone one size up. I don't load it up but use it more for storing my gear when I'm off bike. Lots of choices, good luck :)

case
Thanks for the reply. I ended up going with the Hepco & Becker Junior 55. I need to get it mounted this weekend, but it may be just a bit too big???

Hello! I am new to the forum, I have a 2012 NC700X that I absolutely love. I live in Katy, Texas and commute into Houston nearly daily. I dont think there exists a more perfect commuter motorcycle when you have both interstate HOV lanes and stop and go city driving. A while back I bought a 99 Shadow 600 ($300!) that had been sitting in a garage, got it running with some minor cleaning, new battery, and rejet. I rode that for awhile and during that is when I learned about the NCs, I set out to search and happen to find mine. The guy was interested in getting a cruiser so I offered him a trade with some cash on my end, so with $800 bucks and my Shadow I became an NC owner. The first week I had to slide partially off the side at stopping as I waited for my lowing struts (i'm about 5'4") and once I put those on it's perfect. I put an aftermarket top box on as well and wide off-road pegs front and back. I have a now 8 year old who LOVES to go on rides, now he has a bit of a back rest and I feel safer that he has solid footing. It came with a Puig windscreen and Denali led auxiliary lights. Im at around 37,000 miles on it, but I only put about 3 or 4 thousand of those. There is a dealer near here that has a couple of new old stock 2015s I am debating maybe trading up for a "new" one...

Hello Boys and Girls !. My name is Cristian, I live in Chile. I have a 2019 Honda NC 750x, which I bought from 0 km and already has 20,000 km with me. I have had Honda xr 250, Africa Twin 750, Kawasaki LTD 454, Yamaha Tenere 250 among others. I can only say that the NC is the most balanced bike I could drive, I do 10 km of mountain and 20 km of road daily and I only have words of praise for it

Hey folks, new owner here, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I suppose that I'm a bit of a minority here in that the NC700's I have are the first real motorcycles I have ever owned, and I'm over 50. You see, all my life everyone around me has sung the old song of how dangerous motorcycles were, including my parents. That is until Easter Sunday three years ago when my Dad pipes up and announces to my brothers and me that he wants to take a cross country motorcycle trip with us. So, after due consideration, I end up with a Can Am Spyder F3S. It's a heck of a nice trike and has taken me over 15,000 miles of the more scenic parts of America from Maine to Washington state and through most of the Appalachians. But a couple of things have made me reevaluate my needs and wants. So two wheels it is now. I was at my dealer last fall getting some parts for my RZR when I noticed the '15 NC700X sitting among the used bikes in a corner, I sat on it and it felt right. Even better was the price, $3700 OTD, so it came home with me. Not long afterwards I snagged a '14 DCT for about the same money on FB Marketplace. Now each has a center stand, Honda rear rack, Shad seat, Givi engine guards, and Rox 2" risers. I'm still a novice but have completed the MSF Advanced course and put about 500 miles on each bike. Now that I'm gaining some experience with leaning and counter steering the twisties are becoming fun again.

Attachments

• Both Hondas.jpg
    Both Hondas.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 9
Welcome, Aesculapius. Based on where you live, you should have some great riding ahead of you.

I‘ve always enjoyed two wheels much better than three or four. I hope the NCs work out well for you.

Do be careful. The sport actually is very dangerous. I haven’t ever crashed on street bikes, and I’ve ridden over a quarter million miles. But that‘s no reason to let my guard down.

Greetings. Just picked up a NC700X with only 500 miles on it... bone stock.
Happy to see there's an active forum group!

I'll be reading through all the stickys and recommendations over the next weeks.

If anyone has extra hard side saddlebags or top cases, shoot me a message! (or any other unused accessories for that matter)

Greetings. Just picked up a NC700X with only 500 miles on it... bone stock.
Happy to see there's an active forum group!

I'll be reading through all the stickys and recommendations over the next weeks.

If anyone has extra hard side saddlebags or top cases, shoot me a message! (or any other unused accessories for that matter)
Welcome TNTrash, hope you enjoy your NC as much as I have been mine over the past year.

Hi All -
I am new to the motorcycle world. I bought my first - a 2019 NC750 DCT - last summer. It was the result of a sentimental suggestion from my dad shortly before he died. A month after buying it, my brother and I rode across the country to scatter my dad's ashes. It was quite a learning curve but a great adventure. I still have lots to learn about riding, maintenance, and probably lots that I don't even know that I don't know. I hope to pick some of that up here.

Hello forum, thanks for being here!

New to the NC after a rental in Scotland (thanks Haggis Motorcycle tours!). I had a 75' CB750F0 for 10 years as a first bike and just parted ways to start looking for some creature comforts. 2013 700x, new to me with just under 6000kms. The SOHC forum was invaluable for all the little quirks and suggestions, I haven't seen a "what is the best oil" forum yet, but I'm only 15 minutes in to this. Lets all keep the rubber side down!

Welcome, Halllzy! We’re glad you’re here. I think you'll find a lot of info on this forum. It‘s been on-going for about 8 years now.

As for a “best oil” thread, we try to quickly exterminate those dreaded threads.

Hello all. Going to start my two wheel journey on pavement soon and have been drawn to the NC as I feel it fits me and my needs. Have been lurking as guest for a while and figured it was time to sign up and say hello, so hi :cool:. Now that the BMV near me has finally reopened, I’ll be starting the permitting process soon and trying to get into a safety course. Look forward to hopefully hitting the road this summer if all goes well. See ya around!

Back