• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello!

My name is Ricky and I just got a 2012 NC700X a few months ago. It replaced a 2006 Honda Rebel I bought new 14 years ago and had to sell to move from Georgia, USA to Idaho, USA. The plan was to eventually upgrade, but every time I started shopping around, my wife would get pregnant. Haha. Some kind of conspiracy theory there.

I've ridden the bike locally and heard Idaho has some beautiful roads I need to explore so super excited even though there seems to be a snowmaggedon coming this winter. I also look forward to reading about your bikes and getting to know everyone better.
Welcome from Tennessee

Hello, my name is Georg and I am from Iceland. I bought Honda NC700XA 2012 just two weeks ago on has 7000km on it.. I also have Honda Pan European 2007.
Why did I buy the NC, I just want to try other roads. With my Pan I can only drive paved roads. But I am going to change my orginal NC, to more off road bike, with different tires. Engine guards and more stuff.

Attachments

• Honda NC700X.jpg
    Honda NC700X.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170820_104717.jpg
    IMG_20170820_104717.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
Welcome to the ride Georg, and a hearty welcome from northern Idaho USA!! Both are great looking bikes. It will be amazing what a new set of tires will do for the NC. :{)

Hi there thanks for the add. Swapped a mini Cooper and a gb500tt for 2020 nc750x 755km. Yet to ride it. Thinking of taking frunk lid off so the dog can come too... IMG_20201018_153052.jpg

New...ish? Hello all, after a 2+ year hiatus I finally got the itch to get back on. So, having sold my trusty 2013 NC700 I did the only logical thing. I looked at 50 other bikes, realized they weren't my cup of tea and promptly bought a Nc750X. Very pleased so far. I'm hanging out here in the northern end of South eastern Ohio enjoying the final few riding days. Looking forward to getting back into things!

after digging mine out of the snow, i rode about 40 miles today and stopped off to visit with the pillion for a bit. Beautifully cool day, great ride. :{)

My latest bike is a New to me NC750X. I’m guessing it’s close to my 50th bike, and it’s a stable mate to a Honda Fury. Took it on a sunny autumn day ride, along the coastal highway, and the bike was everything I thought it would be.
I think it’s a terrific bike to ride all year long, even in Canada - and it’s the bike I’ve chosen to do long tour next year.
take care and stay safe

Attachments

• 1EBAFD14-CA54-401F-A8A3-864C2798F3C4.jpeg
    1EBAFD14-CA54-401F-A8A3-864C2798F3C4.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 9
Hey DJriding welcome to the ride and a hearty welcome from northern Idaho. I was just up in your beautiful providence last year and really enjoyed the scenic riding up there. I look forward to making it up there again next year and hope to see you out on the road! :{)

Hey DJriding welcome to the ride and a hearty welcome from northern Idaho. I was just up in your beautiful providence last year and really enjoyed the scenic riding up there. I look forward to making it up there again next year and hope to see you out on the road! :{)
Hello there. I’ve been through your neck of the woods twice in the past couple of years. A group of us ride washington, oregon, Idaho and ???? during your 4th of July week.
i may be through again, next July if our borders open and then head south.
this Ride is going to be in search of 1972... the first year I started riding.
maybe we can catch a Burger sometime? Take care.
dj

Hello to all from Lancaster, PA. Not a new member, but a returning one. Traded my 2014 NC700X for a CB1100EX about 18 months ago. Discovered that I really missed the versatility of the NC. My dealership had an unsold 2020 NC750X on the floor and I couldn't resist anymore; I am trading the CB11 for a new NC. Hope to do the swap on Monday. Looking forward to completing the blank canvas that is the NC750X. (bike #22)

Hey there fellow riders. I've had my '19 NC750XD since Sept. Managed to get several hundred km's on it before the weather turned to winter up here in Northern Ontario. Now looking forward to getting to know the service manual and install some bits over the next few months. Considering lowering links... I'm 5'5" so a bit challenged with the height. However, I put 60k km on my '03 F650GS and found the NCX feels very similar but certainly more powerful. Looking forward to many more miles and smiles! Cheers!

Hey everyone! Totally new rider here. I just bought my first motorcycle last week. A 2014 NC700X. I’ve already had so much fun on it! I’m on here to learn as much as I can about all different topics.
I live in Greenville, SC in the US. Literally on the last foothill of Blue Ridge Mountains. A perfect place for riding.

Hello fellow Xers. Picked up my bike in early July, 2012 with a mere 159 miles on it. Some guy bought it and only drove it about a 100 miles in three years. Then it was sold to a used car dealer who didn't ride it much either then sold to another used car dealer and when he sold it at auction to the guy I bought it from it only had 156 miles, all over the course of 8 years! The guy I bought it from just put a few more on testing it in front of his house for a few days, then I got it. Cool thing is that I have complete documentation of all of this! It definitely wasn't tampered with, it was absolutely mint. I paid $4k, which I thought was a decent deal compared to others that had a lot more miles. The only non-factory part was the headlamp was replaced with an LED version, which I appreciated.

I immediately serviced the bike (it had a new battery), oil change, reset the chain and lubed it, set tire pressures (came with the Metzelers) and away I went! I drove it quite a bit this Summer and I clocked about 2500 miles on it. I added a rear LED bulb, center stand, Puig rear fender, Puig front fender extension, Barkbusters, X-Mount, and Cobrra Chain Oiler. It's now resting comfortably in my basement for the Winter here in New Hampshire. I will be adding front LED driving lights (just received), Givi panniers (on the way!), and probably a Seat Concepts replacement seat (we all know how bad the stock seat is!) this winter. I will have to reseal the front forks as well as the original seals gave up the ghost as I started to ride it more. That will be done this winter as well.

I will say that I enjoy the mid-range torque the bike provides, it's decent road manners and it's awesome fuel economy. My previous two bikes were BMW's with one being the F650. This bike doesn't have the off-paved road prowess from the factory as the BMW but it should serve to do a bit of Class VI roads with the proper tires and some suspension tweeks. I'm a bit disappointed in the shocks, but in typical Honda fashion, it's designed to be more of a commuter bike and the suspension is adequate for that, although it's not very good for rough roads and potholes like we have here in New England. An upgrade for those conditions would be justified.

Overall, it's a really good bike and it suits my needs well as a fun and reliable commuter bike with the instincts to go further if pressed. Simple upgrades make it even better, albeit at some cost. Honda markets this as an Adventure bike (category) but it's best in the urban jungle instead of the real thing. I'm looking forward to a full riding season next year with some longer rides (215 miles was the longest this Summer) and some fun upgrades. Cheers fellow Xers and shiny side up! NC700X.jpg

Hello fellow Xers. Picked up my bike in early July, 2012 with a mere 159 miles on it. Some guy bought it and only drove it about a 100 miles in three years. Then it was sold to a used car dealer who didn't ride it much either then sold to another used car dealer and when he sold it at auction to the guy I bought it from it only had 156 miles, all over the course of 8 years! The guy I bought it from just put a few more on testing it in front of his house for a few days, then I got it. Cool thing is that I have complete documentation of all of this! It definitely wasn't tampered with, it was absolutely mint. I paid $4k, which I thought was a decent deal compared to others that had a lot more miles. The only non-factory part was the headlamp was replaced with an LED version, which I appreciated.

I immediately serviced the bike (it had a new battery), oil change, reset the chain and lubed it, set tire pressures (came with the Metzelers) and away I went! I drove it quite a bit this Summer and I clocked about 2500 miles on it. I added a rear LED bulb, center stand, Puig rear fender, Puig front fender extension, Barkbusters, X-Mount, and Cobrra Chain Oiler. It's now resting comfortably in my basement for the Winter here in New Hampshire. I will be adding front LED driving lights (just received), Givi panniers (on the way!), and probably a Seat Concepts replacement seat (we all know how bad the stock seat is!) this winter. I will have to reseal the front forks as well as the original seals gave up the ghost as I started to ride it more. That will be done this winter as well.

I will say that I enjoy the mid-range torque the bike provides, it's decent road manners and it's awesome fuel economy. My previous two bikes were BMW's with one being the F650. This bike doesn't have the off-paved road prowess from the factory as the BMW but it should serve to do a bit of Class VI roads with the proper tires and some suspension tweeks. I'm a bit disappointed in the shocks, but in typical Honda fashion, it's designed to be more of a commuter bike and the suspension is adequate for that, although it's not very good for rough roads and potholes like we have here in New England. An upgrade for those conditions would be justified.

Overall, it's a really good bike and it suits my needs well as a fun and reliable commuter bike with the instincts to go further if pressed. Simple upgrades make it even better, albeit at some cost. Honda markets this as an Adventure bike (category) but it's best in the urban jungle instead of the real thing. I'm looking forward to a full riding season next year with some longer rides (215 miles was the longest this Summer) and some fun upgrades. Cheers fellow Xers and shiny side up!
Sounds awesome! Wecome to the forum!

The picture of it looks good. My 2012 is so modified I forgot what they looked like in stock form. Also, from all the automotive chemicals seen on your shelving, it looks like you do all of your own vehicle maintenance.

The only thing I question is how you got the bike in early July, 2012, when the (then new) NC700X was not available to buy at US dealers until about the last week of July, 2012. Maybe I’m reading it wrong and you acually bought a 2012 model in July of this year, 2020?

Last edited:
The only thing I question is how you got the bike in early July, 2012, when the (then new) NC700X was not available to buy at US dealers until about the last week of July, 2012. Maybe I’m reading it wrong and you acually bought a 2012 model in July of this year, 2020?
I actually bought it this past July. I'm not kidding....159 miles!!

NC700X.2jpg.PNG

Back