• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Welcome to the forum. I hope you have good riding weather so you can get out soon. Enjoy your NC750X!

Hi, I am Nick, I live in the DMV(DC area, I don't know why that is the acronym). I finally acted on my life long dream of owning/riding a motorcycle in August when I was burnt from working Covid. After a lot of research into mpg and functionality I found a 2015 NC700x and I bought it.

Hi, I am Nick, I live in the DMV(DC area, I don't know why that is the acronym). I finally acted on my life long dream of owning/riding a motorcycle in August when I was burnt from working Covid. After a lot of research into mpg and functionality I found a 2015 NC700x and I bought it.
DC, Maryland, Virginia maybe?

Wild guess: DMV = District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia?

Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully I am posting on the right spot. This is my first post to this forum. I recently purchased a new to me 2014 NC700X with about 3500 miles on it. I am in northeast PA and it is winter here, so there is very little opportunity to ride. Any time the mercury breaks 40degF and the roads are clear I get out for at least a bit. I have been riding for about 30years with about a 10year break when my kids were little. I am also an owner of a 2004 Honda Helix. I also like scooters and also have owned a 2007 Burgman 400.
With this new bike in my garage, I have already added Barkbuster Stormfront hand guards and heated grips to make my cold weather riding more tolerable.
It looks like it will reach 38 today, so I will probably get out for few miles just to get used to the new machine.

I look forward to sharing what I learn about the bike with the community, and also learning from the community.

Tim

Welcome, Tim.

I think you’ll like the NC700X. I hope your riding weather improves soon!

Hopefully I am posting on the right spot. This is my first post to this forum. I recently purchased a new to me 2014 NC700X with about 3500 miles on it. I am in northeast PA and it is winter here, so there is very little opportunity to ride. Any time the mercury breaks 40degF and the roads are clear I get out for at least a bit. I have been riding for about 30years with about a 10year break when my kids were little. I am also an owner of a 2004 Honda Helix. I also like scooters and also have owned a 2007 Burgman 400.
With this new bike in my garage, I have already added Barkbuster Stormfront hand guards and heated grips to make my cold weather riding more tolerable.
It looks like it will reach 38 today, so I will probably get out for few miles just to get used to the new machine.

I look forward to sharing what I learn about the bike with the community, and also learning from the community.

Tim
Welcome! I ride the same, 40f and clear. Also took a break when the kids were young, but it was more the ex-wife wouldn't allow it. I've learned a ton just being on here for a few months. Welcome, and best wishes.
PS... my daughter just moved to North East PA, next to Erie, so I'm wondering if you are North East, or northeast?

Hi, I am Ben from Utah. Got my new 2019 NC750X last month after many years without a bike. Still a little cold here. Hoping for some nice weather this spring.
Nice bike and nice mountains!

Ben apparently you did not get the memo? Some people say "blue is best" but I'm going to have to inform you that "red is the fastest color." :rolleyes: The Trekker side cases are a nice addition. Are you planning on using the bike for travel, lots of us do that. If so remember we all like photos so post up mods and you go along with the personalization of your bike.

Hello,

K-5 music teacher from Dallas, TX. Currently shopping for a NC7X0x DCT. I currently have a 2017 Tiger 800 XCx that I'm hopefully selling this weekend. Should've just bought the NC7 the first time around but I got a too good deal on the Tiger. I've been riding since 2016.

Bikes in order of ownership: '99 Suzuki GZ250, 2014 CTX700CD, 2017 Tiger 800XCx

Hello,

K-5 music teacher from Dallas, TX. Currently shopping for a NC7X0x DCT. I currently have a 2017 Tiger 800 XCx that I'm hopefully selling this weekend. Should've just bought the NC7 the first time around but I got a too good deal on the Tiger. I've been riding since 2016.

Where's a Goldwing in your list? LOL
Welcome!

Hello,

I looked at the CTX pretty hard before buying the NC. How did you like it?

I looked at the CTX pretty hard before buying the NC. How did you like it?
I was a big fan. The only reason I got rid of it is Dallas is covered in pot holes and speed bumps. The ground clearance is so low on the CTX I'd have stand and walk the bike over them or scrap the bottom. So I moved to an adventure style bike specifically for the ground clearance.

Otherwise I could sit on it for hours and never hurt. It did have a Corbin seat when I bought it though.

I was a big fan. The only reason I got rid of it is Dallas is covered in pot holes and speed bumps. The ground clearance is so low on the CTX I'd have stand and walk the bike over them or scrap the bottom. So I moved to an adventure style bike specifically for the ground clearance.

Otherwise I could sit on it for hours and never hurt. It did have a Corbin seat when I bought it though.
Very interesting. We have a lot of potholes in Massachusetts as well. Thanks for the info!

Yip, I'm new here...riding since 1964...too many bikes to count/ Currently have a 08 Bandit 1250, DRZ 400SM and a 100th Anniversary Harley Lowrider that I bought new when they were new....like Dec 2002. Oh yeah...I have a mini bike and a Honda Pioneer both with street plates. Nuff about me.

Just put money down on a new NC750X ABS DCT in the year of 2021...damn they are hard to find in the States. Been looking for one for 2 years. Hope to have it by Christmas or maybe Thanksgiving or maybe Labor Day or maybe this year...I hope.

Hey Ben from Utah...where did you get the mounting brackets for those side boxes...I have some I took off my DRZ 400E that I'd like to put on the new NC? They are big enough to stuff camp, clothes and half a pig in them...think they will for fine on the NC.

Anyway, thanks for having me and I plan to be active here.

Hey Ben...you folks got more snow than we did in the Idaho Panhandle this winter...Utah is a great place!!

Back