• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Just put money down on a new NC750X ABS DCT in the year of 2021...damn they are hard to find in the States. Been looking for one for 2 years. Hope to have it by Christmas or maybe Thanksgiving or maybe Labor Day or maybe this year...I hope.
I didn't order one (yet?...) but the Honda dealers near me said May-August for them to arrive.

I didn't order one (yet?...) but the Honda dealers near me said May-August for them to arrive.
My dealer in Spokane was told not to order until the "order period" opens in May. All I know at this point. He did say Honda does ship quickly...wasn't the case when I bought my 2021 Pioneer...who knows...I'm sure they will call when it arrives.

Hello All

Just picked up a 2012 NC700X today. The previous owner had it two years and put 300 miles on it. I hope to change that.

I am 72 years old. When I was 14 years old I got my first 2 wheeler. It was a 58 Allstate Highlander scooter made by Cushman and after that ride I was hooked. Had lots of bikes both road, enduro and dirt over the years and then sold the last one in 1980 when my daughter was born. About 25 years later I got the itch again. Bought a Shadow VLX to test the waters and then moved up to a Shadow Spirit.

My wife got her MC endorsement in 2010 and started on a Honda Reflex scooter and then moved to a Yamaha Majesty scooter. We have the CARDO radio's to communicate and enjoy riding the secondary roads.

When COVID started, I told my wife that I needed some sort of project to maintain my sanity while I was in what seemed like COVID jail. I found a clean barn find 77 Goldwing on Craigslist for $500. It sat for 15 years. I brought it home and I was eager to get to the garage each day this past summer to tinker with it. I can't say that it was restored, maybe renewed since there were a few odd bits that weren't period correct for a 77. Just sold it this week to a guy who said the 77 Wing was his first big bike and when he saw my ad on Craigslist he knew he had to have it.

gwright.jpg

Looking forward to learning from the experts here about this critter. Just had one short ride today but I think that I am going to like it.

Ron

Welcome from rural N.W. Indiana.

Go put some miles on that thing!!!
Thanks for the welcome.
The bike has 8400 miles on it which is pretty low for a 9 year old bike. I didn't get the Goldwing running until the end of last riding season and was able to put 1500 miles on it.
Now if only this Ohio weather would cooperate.
Ron

Hello,
Signing on from Manitoba. Recently picked up a new '20 nc750x...

I'm another who started riding young, then eventually took a long break due to family & work obligations...
In 2018, with retirement approaching, I started riding again - on a dr650. I like the dr but decided to look for something that would be more comfortable on the highway and after much research, chose the nc.

Have put 500km on the bike as of today. It is, as expected, much more relaxed and at ease at highway speeds than the dr and doesn't get blown around as much... I particularly appreciate the low centre of gravity, the low revving torquey engine, and the "cargo hold"

I've added Knight's lower pegs and am waiting on a Madstad screen and some luggage with numerous other "farkles" under consideration...

Hello,
Signing on from Manitoba. Recently picked up a new '20 nc750x...

I'm another who started riding young, then eventually took a long break due to family & work obligations...
In 2018, with retirement approaching, I started riding again - on a dr650. I like the dr but decided to look for something that would be more comfortable on the highway and after much research, chose the nc.

Have put 500km on the bike as of today. It is, as expected, much more relaxed and at ease at highway speeds than the dr and doesn't get blown around as much... I particularly appreciate the low centre of gravity, the low revving torquey engine, and the "cargo hold"

I've added Knight's lower pegs and am waiting on a Madstad screen and some luggage with numerous other "farkles" under consideration...
Hi 7fifty.
Did you buy the last remaining '20 DCT from Wpg Sport?
I bought the 2nd last one in February.
Fantastic bike, and I say that coming from a '13 Goldwing F6B.
We should compare notes some time.

Hi 7fifty.
Did you buy the last remaining '20 DCT from Wpg Sport?
I bought the 2nd last one in February.
Fantastic bike, and I say that coming from a '13 Goldwing F6B.
We should compare notes some time.

Hello big bird,
By the time I'd made up my mind I just missed the last one from Wpg - bought mine (standard trans btw) from sar in Brandon.
I'm west of the Peg, but much closer to Wpg than Brandon.
No regrets on the purchase so far - think I'm really going to enjoy it! Must say though, the suspension is going to need some help... rode hwy 26 yesterday - took some nasty jolts on that bumpity asphalt... high speed compression damping is rather harsh...
Lets keep in touch!

Hello big bird,
By the time I'd made up my mind I just missed the last one from Wpg - bought mine (standard trans btw) from sar in Brandon.
No regrets on the purchase so far - think I'm really going to enjoy it! Must say though, the suspension is going to need some help... rode hwy 26 yesterday - took some nasty jolts on that bumpity asphalt... high speed compression damping is rather harsh...
Lets keep in touch!
I don't know why I assumed you bought a DCT. My bad.
Next time you plan to be in Winnipeg, just text me.
I'll PM you with my phone/text number.
I'm in the far north end of Winnipeg, close to the north perimeter.
If you know where the Co-op gas station is on north McPhillips, I'm 2 blocks away from it.
terry

Hello big bird,
Lets keep in touch!
Welcome to the club.

I recently replaced my rear suspension with a Cogent Dynamics shock. The NC should have come with the CD shock. It's superlative.

I had seen it recommended by several old timers on this forum. I should have listened sooner!

Welcome to the club.

I recently replaced my rear suspension with a Cogent Dynamics shock. The NC should have come with the CD shock. It's superlative.

I had seen it recommended by several old timers on this forum. I should have listened sooner!

Cogent is popular with the dr650 crowd. Good to know that their shocks work well on the nc as well - thanks!

Hey all,

First post and literally just picked up a 13' NC700 an hour ago. Short story - already have one fast bike and one slow one but never in 25 years have had a comfy one. Want to get the 21' NC750X but according to Japan it ain't happening for awhile. So, I found a local used one with 90,000 miles on it. I figured 1) it's a Honda, and 2) It's my first entry into a ST and a hold me over until the new one's are out. Besides start browsing this forum, what should I know??

I am in sort of the same boat. I am 72 and I had a 77 Goldwing at 650 lbs and which was also pretty wide. At 80 hp, it was a hoot to drive fast but it was getting to be too much for these old knees. I also had an 07 Shadow VLX which was a couple hundred pounds lighter, narrower and much lower but the feet forward riding position provided no defense when you hit a bump. You couldn't stand or at least lift with your legs to cushion the shock and bumps just jolted my spine. I wanted something with the standard riding position with your feet under your butt.

I sold both bikes and bought a 2012 NC700X with 8400 miles on it. The previous owner had added a radiator shield, center stand, engine guards, hand shields and a Danmoto muffler. It had Continental street tires and it didn't have a scratch on it so I am guessing that it had never been off-road. The exhaust sound was more obnoxious than pleasing to me. Since it came with the original muffler in bubble wrap, I swapped it back.

I just took a 200 mile round trip and the stock seat is comfortable enough that I wasn't in pain after 2 hours in the saddle. From the little I have ridden it so far, it is a great all round bike. I am 6'2" so I can sit flat footed at a stop. It handles well and it got 69 mpg for that trip. I might have to do something about the small windscreen but that is it.

There seem to be a lot of people on this site who are knowledgeable on this bike so you landed in a good place.

I hope that you enjoy your bike as much as I am enjoying mine. I think that we both found winners.

Attachments

• gwright.jpg
    gwright.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 07 VLX.JPG
    07 VLX.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
  • NC700X right.jpg
    NC700X right.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 4
Hi My names Pete, and Im from Kent, UK. Been a honda fan boy since I started riding,, CBF1000, CB1000R, CB1000R NSC and Now Im in the process of purchasing a NC750X 2021 in Black.

The bike made me realise that the stiffness and discomfort i was having after every ride, was due to my age and not fitting a sports type bike any more..

I guess I missed the intro page when I joined.
Hi, I'm from short riding season land in MN. My PTW history started later in life I rode a Vespa for about 30,000 miles, then I got a VStar (small one, 650) and put 30,000 miles on it. Now I got the NC750DCT ABS. Most of my miles are commuting but I get out on country roads when I can. My commute has a lot of freeway traffic, stop and go, heavy shifting which is why I got the DCT. So far it's been an answer to prayer! I also care about mileage which brought me to this bike. It's my first NEW bike; I just wanted to treat myself.
I've already posted that I'm on the MN Governor's Task Force on Motorcycle Safety. I'm big on training and learning what you're doing, these things are different than cars. Pay attention!
I'm not a big modifier or wrencher. Having said that, you don't own a Vespa for 8 years without having to tear it apart a few times.

'looking forward to learning a lot from you folks. Thanks for having me.

I guess I missed the intro page when I joined.
Hi, I'm from short riding season land in MN. My PTW history started later in life I rode a Vespa for about 30,000 miles, then I got a VStar (small one, 650) and put 30,000 miles on it. Now I got the NC750DCT ABS. Most of my miles are commuting but I get out on country roads when I can. My commute has a lot of freeway traffic, stop and go, heavy shifting which is why I got the DCT. So far it's been an answer to prayer! I also care about mileage which brought me to this bike. It's my first NEW bike; I just wanted to treat myself.
I've already posted that I'm on the MN Governor's Task Force on Motorcycle Safety. I'm big on training and learning what you're doing, these things are different than cars. Pay attention!
I'm not a big modifier or wrencher. Having said that, you don't own a Vespa for 8 years without having to tear it apart a few times.

'looking forward to learning a lot from you folks. Thanks for having me.
I have a sister who lives in your town.
She doesn't ride, but she knows the motorcyclist's wave.

Hello from Raleigh N.C. Just made a road trip to Ohio to pick up a 2012 NC700x with 2100 original miles. It came with the tall OEM Honda windscreen. I've already installed center stand, rear rack and B47 Givi case. Loving it so far. I'll be doing a lot of commuting to work on it. (42miles round trip) My main ride is a 2019 HD StreetGlide Special. I've added cam, tuner, intake, exhaust etc. Too nice to commute on. I'm 55 so about 50 years of riding from dirt bikes to dual sports to track days on sport bikes to Hare scrambles to Harleys. Probably owned over 40 bikes. This ones a keeper.

Back