• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello Everyone, I just purchased a 2019 NC750x as the 3rd owner. I'm located in southern Indiana and I'm looking forward to riding back roads with this new to me Honda. I've been riding for 52 years and my 1st bike was a CB450. I also have a '13 R1200GS which is a great bike, but I was looking for a 2nd bike in something smaller and lighter to run around on and getting lost exploring on new roads!

Hello friends, I've been a lurker for months but finally joined in. I just bought a 2012 NC700x DCT with 10K miles in perfect condition. I've been riding since 1967 having grown up on dirt bikes and racing MX in the 70s and 80s before slowing down for family life. Dirt bikes are still my first love and off road is a big part of my life. I've been through many bikes and presently have quite a stable of machines (mostly dirt bikes). In January of 2020 I rolled my left ankle and broke the Talus bone which is notorious for not healing in older (62 yrs) people. Mine deteriorated and died off so now after several operations and no healing success I had a cadaver bone replacement and a fused ankle done 6 weeks ago. No movement. Yikes!
Thus my search for a bike with an auto trans began. When I read about the DCT and the great reviews of the NC700X in particular I knew I had a new bike on my radar. Finding a DCT model took some time and with bikes at a premium these days I felt very lucky to have one pop up locally for $3500. I haven't ridden it yet (I had a friend test ride it and bring it to my house) but I am excited to ride as soon as I heal. For years now my main ride has been a Suzuki 1250 Bandit (my baby) which is a silky smooth tractor and faster than I'll ever need. I encourage everyone to try one if you have a chance. I also have an FZ07 for its light weight which is the opposite of the Bandit.....but a ton of fun. I'm now retired and anxious to ride but waiting to heal. Lots of great mature people on this forum making it easy and fun to read. Thanks for listening, Jim

Hello Everyone, I just purchased a 2019 NC750x as the 3rd owner. I'm located in southern Indiana and I'm looking forward to riding back roads with this new to me Honda. I've been riding for 52 years and my 1st bike was a CB450. I also have a '13 R1200GS which is a great bike, but I was looking for a 2nd bike in something smaller and lighter to run around on and getting lost exploring on new roads!
Love those roads along the Ohio River. Have fun. My first bike was a 1970 Honda MiniTrail 50. A Black Bomber 450 was beyond comprehension at that age. I have a Wing and an RT and the NC is a perfect summer bike for me.

Hello friends, I've been a lurker for months but finally joined in. I just bought a 2012 NC700x DCT with 10K miles in perfect condition. I've been riding since 1967 having grown up on dirt bikes and racing MX in the 70s and 80s before slowing down for family life. Dirt bikes are still my first love and off road is a big part of my life. I've been through many bikes and presently have quite a stable of machines (mostly dirt bikes). In January of 2020 I rolled my left ankle and broke the Talus bone which is notorious for not healing in older (62 yrs) people. Mine deteriorated and died off so now after several operations and no healing success I had a cadaver bone replacement and a fused ankle done 6 weeks ago. No movement. Yikes!
Thus my search for a bike with an auto trans began. When I read about the DCT and the great reviews of the NC700X in particular I knew I had a new bike on my radar. Finding a DCT model took some time and with bikes at a premium these days I felt very lucky to have one pop up locally for $3500. I haven't ridden it yet (I had a friend test ride it and bring it to my house) but I am excited to ride as soon as I heal. For years now my main ride has been a Suzuki 1250 Bandit (my baby) which is a silky smooth tractor and faster than I'll ever need. I encourage everyone to try one if you have a chance. I also have an FZ07 for its light weight which is the opposite of the Bandit.....but a ton of fun. I'm now retired and anxious to ride but waiting to heal. Lots of great mature people on this forum making it easy and fun to read. Thanks for listening, Jim
Sorry to hear about the talus. In the early 2000s my wife had some necrosis of that bone and in the end of the tibia immediately above. Luckily the talus repair took and held for 4 or 5 years. They did not want to fuse her ankle due to her age at the time but 4 or 5 years later she qualified for a STAR ankle replacement which fixed her up.

There are a wide range of riders here and I think it's great. We have the passion and enthusiasm of newer riders tempered with older riders that have survived our youthful passion and enthusiasm. We learn from each other.

I pleaded with my doctor to have a TAR replacement but the trauma to my ankle had reduced the blood supply too much for proper healing. It's been over a year and a half since the initial accident and pain free living is the main objective now. 3 surgeries and lots of idle time healing has taken a physical as well as mental toll on me. I Love to eat and have gained a few #s in my retirement so activity is needed. Granted, riding is pretty passive but dirt riding is another story. I'm excited to be back asap. This forum is so nice in it's lack of squids looking for performance and it's focus on suspension which most people don't realize is the best investment on any motorcycle. I plan to get a Tuono or RSV4 shock and appropriate springs front and rear along with emulators for the forks. This forum is a wealth of valuable information, ideas and opinions that we're lucky to have. My riding style has definitely matured with my years and the NC seems to be a great fit. Hope to see you on the road.

Just picked up 2015 with DCT -- only 2K miles on it. Sold a 2012 Vstrom 1000 and turned that cash into the Honda--Strom was just too big-too heavy and unwieldy--I am 67 now with two metal hips and only weigh about 160 so lighter and smaller is better. I have had many bikes over the years dating back to the early '70s with a 500 Kawasaki triple--multiple BSAs-a Norton- 750 Hondas and a BMW R1150 GS which I had for 10 years. Still ride a big Burgman scooter and have a couple of other projects in the garage--Goldwing cafe and Ascot 500 single--also have a bunch of recumbent bicycles and other oddities--too many hobbies!

Great site! Got an NC700S two weeks ago, barely used with 16 000 km, cases (Honda and GIVI). Great ride, easy bike, I was looking for a relatively low, lightweight, two cyl. injection bike. And reliability, which translates to Honda. Had a number of bikes in my twenties (Hondas, Triumph, BMW) and got back to riding 40 years later! After a CBR 250 and a F650 ST, I went, after much reading about it, the NC 700 way. I'm from Quebec, actually the Trois-Rivières area, and a freelance journalist who also enjoys sailing. Our season in our parts is just too short for both activities! But: Carpe Diem!

Great site! Got an NC700S two weeks ago, barely used with 16 000 km, cases (Honda and GIVI). Great ride, easy bike, I was looking for a relatively low, lightweight, two cyl. injection bike. And reliability, which translates to Honda. Had a number of bikes in my twenties (Hondas, Triumph, BMW) and got back to riding 40 years later! After a CBR 250 and a F650 ST, I went, after much reading about it, the NC 700 way. I'm from Quebec, actually the Trois-Rivières area, and a freelance journalist who also enjoys sailing. Our season in our parts is just too short for both activities! But: Carpe Diem!
Welcome fellow S rider.

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to this bike .... ... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go for a ride.... The world disappears... my Yamaha FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work as an instructor at the British Columbia Institute Of Technology..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next....

Dennis
Hello all. I just purchased a2010 NT700V with 8100 miles. I'm coming from the Suzuki scooter community so the extra weight, gears, and clutch are a transition for me. I've been riding over 50 years, 45 of those on the street, so I'm familiar with the operation. I suppose I'm in a relearning phase. I live in St. Louis, MO and most of my rides are through town, to work, or on the twisty backroads (my favorite). I hope I can add something to the group here. My experience with these boards is that I always get more from them than I expected. Regards, Randy

Hello all. I just purchased a2010 NT700V with 8100 miles. I'm coming from the Suzuki scooter community so the extra weight, gears, and clutch are a transition for me. I've been riding over 50 years, 45 of those on the street, so I'm familiar with the operation. I suppose I'm in a relearning phase. I live in St. Louis, MO and most of my rides are through town, to work, or on the twisty backroads (my favorite). I hope I can add something to the group here. My experience with these boards is that I always get more from them than I expected. Regards, Randy
Welcome. We haven’t had many (or any?) NT700V owners here. I’m guessing someone might want to pick your brain about that model.

Hello, I'm Michael. I purchased a 2013 with almost 5,500-miles on it a few weeks ago on Labor Day, I'm it's second owner. I've put only 500-miles on it while I've completed some basic maintenance and mods. I'm looking forward to increasing those miles very quickly now, seeing the piedmont roads of North & South Carolina & mountains of NC, TN, & VA. I owe several of you long time members already, having learned from your posts - too many to name individually and I'd surely miss some so, for what it's worth, thank you for this forum and the sharing of knowledge that I've already benefitted from.

Hello, I'm Michael. I purchased a 2013 with almost 5,500-miles on it a few weeks ago on Labor Day, I'm it's second owner. I've put only 500-miles on it while I've completed some basic maintenance and mods. I'm looking forward to increasing those miles very quickly now, seeing the piedmont roads of North & South Carolina & mountains of NC, TN, & VA. I owe several of you long time members already, having learned from your posts - too many to name individually and I'd surely miss some so, for what it's worth, thank you for this forum and the sharing of knowledge that I've already benefitted from.
Welcome from East TN! This is a great forum with a lot of good info. We may cross paths someday on the road.

Hello all. I bought a 2020 NC750x last year. I live in Texas. I love riding but this bike is not popular here so no one knows anything about it or how to work on it.
HI Nibbles. Welcome, and enjoy your ride.
If you're referring to the DCT, unless you have a major DCT component failure, which any Honda service dep't is equipped to handle, you have no concerns. The Honda DCT technology has been around for a long time already, and has proven to be very reliable. Other than the DCT, it is no different than any other motorcycle, and in a lot of respects even simpler than most.

Welcome to the forum. I commute into Charlotte daily on my 2018 NC. It certainly lives up to it's billing as a great commuter that still knows how to play on the weekends. Gaston/Lincoln counties have plenty of great roads for cruising if you head out my way. Good luck with the new ride!

Welcome! You’ll find much good information on this forum. I bought a 2019 mechanical shift a couple of months ago and love it on the backroads and around town

Back