• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi all, new to biking, new to the forum and first post. I decided that this year I would tick one item from my bucket list by taking my bike test and buying a machine. I had a Yamaha XMAX 125 which I could ride on my car license here in Spain and that only made me more determined to promote myself to a "proper bike".
I scoured the web for reviews of bikes in my power and price bracket, but I always came back to the NC700X. I passed my test, (in September ) on a Suzuki Gladiator 650, which I thought was a good starter machine, but as i soon as I took to the streets on and around Barcelona, I could see what the reviewers were talking about. The balance and manoeuvrability are far superior to the Suzuki and although the first two gear changes seemed a clunky, compared wit the Suzuki, I soon got the knack of the gearbox.
I've had the bike three weeks and have covered 800 kilometres and I'm glad I joined the forum to compare notes with fellow NC-ers, especially the thread about the vibration in 6th gear around 80 to 100 KPH. However, I fully agree with the consensus that this is designed as a high speed cruising gear at 110 KPH and above, at which point it sings away merrily all day long ;-)
Not much in the way of accessories yet, centre stand, 48L top box, but seriously looking at a new seat....come on Honda, you can do better that that!
Image attached of the new bike.
Regards

Congratulations on your new ride. Welcome to the Honda family. Hope to see you around.

Howdy from the high desert

Howdy-

Just joined the forum today. I'm J. Brandon and I live in the high desert of Northern Nevada, near Lake Tahoe, in the western US. Lots of great riding all around here. I think the Sierra passes are some of the most beautiful roads on the planet.

I don't have an NC700 -- yet. But I do have some experience on the bike. I was one of the riders in the Cycle World Adventure Challenge in Southern California in September. I had been reading about the NC700X for months earlier this year. Felt very fortunate to be chosen for the event. It was a great time with some great people and really helped me see what a great bike this is. I hope to get one as budget permits.

I ride a 2005 Kawasaki KLR650. It's a great bike that does a lot of things well, it's simple, and it's affordable. A lot in common with the NC700X. And I recently acquired a 1980 Honda CX500. It's a barn find that hasn't been ridden in many years and needs some work. Hope to get that done over the winter and be riding it by next spring.

Looking forward to learning more about a lot of different experiences with the NC700.

Ride safe,

-J. Brandon

Hi there from sunny Lincolnshire. Been biking since 1966 when I bought a James 175 in a box for £10. This year marks my forty-sixth biking year. Now I am retired I have all day to go out on the bike and 2013 I will be looking at a Honda NC700X. I will be looking at the DCT auto as this model with the change up/down button looks interesting to say the least! However all depends on the test ride and haggling with the stealers. Anybody here ride the auto model?

Howdy-

Just joined the forum today. I'm J. Brandon and I live in the high desert of Northern Nevada, near Lake Tahoe, in the western US. Lots of great riding all around here. I think the Sierra passes are some of the most beautiful roads on the planet.

I don't have an NC700 -- yet. But I do have some experience on the bike. I was one of the riders in the Cycle World Adventure Challenge in Southern California in September. I had been reading about the NC700X for months earlier this year. Felt very fortunate to be chosen for the event. It was a great time with some great people and really helped me see what a great bike this is. I hope to get one as budget permits.

I ride a 2005 Kawasaki KLR650. It's a great bike that does a lot of things well, it's simple, and it's affordable. A lot in common with the NC700X. And I recently acquired a 1980 Honda CX500. It's a barn find that hasn't been ridden in many years and needs some work. Hope to get that done over the winter and be riding it by next spring.

Looking forward to learning more about a lot of different experiences with the NC700.

Ride safe,

-J. Brandon

Welcome from Central Cali. I used to be a locomotive engineer for Union Pacific and drove trains from Roseville Ca. up to Sparks, Nv. and back. Used to love taking the train up the Sierras, it was the most beautiful and most challenging run in the west!

Hi there from sunny Lincolnshire. Been biking since 1966 when I bought a James 175 in a box for £10. This year marks my forty-sixth biking year. Now I am retired I have all day to go out on the bike and 2013 I will be looking at a Honda NC700X. I will be looking at the DCT auto as this model with the change up/down button looks interesting to say the least! However all depends on the test ride and haggling with the stealers. Anybody here ride the auto model?

Welcome to the forums! There's quite a few here with the DCT. I have the manual version myself.

Howdee - I'm from South Africa and just got a new lease on life. Can't get off of the thing and my son 'volunteers' to go everywhere with me. I am normally indecisive, but wasn't so sure about it this time - so I bought an NCX and received it on Thursday. Had to park it for now because my wife teases me about wanting to ride the whole time and being boyish, so I am faking working at the moment - this forum is second best to riding it, so...

Have been riding various things for a long time, but this is my first brand new bike - loving it. I saw somebody referring to "that thing" as a frunk, but over here we talk about a boot, so my son dubbed it "the froot basket". I was doubtful about the image that that hole would portray in the real biking world, but NOW! I came up with a motto according to the lines of "FROOT, the thing that you didn't think you'd want until you have it, now you can't live without"

Yesterday afternoon I (and my son of course) went to get a 'few things'. Will submit a pic later. Halfway through our shopping spree I suddenly remembered that we had helmets in our hands and realised that we weren't there in our cage on wheels. I saw funny looks on people's faces when we got to our bike and we had a chuckle about it. Then "OPEN SESAME" and we fitted:

pause for effect

1 (small) loaf of bread
1 six pack of beer
1 six pack of cider
1 liter of Sprite
6 packets of cigarettes (yes I know)
3 peanut bars
1 big packet of chips
3 pies
1 rhinoceros horn
1 emergency lion repellant kit

the last two was just to humor the overseas readers, they weren't really in there.
(I had a back pack)

anyhoo - enough typing from me. What brought me here? I recon anything worth having a forum about is worth owning/doing. That was the final reason for purchase.

Thanks!

Hello Chaps,

New NC700X DCT owner from Watford, UK just got my bike yesterday. Very excited. Part exchanged my Transalp 700 and SH300 for one bike. Thought the NC 700 had best of both worlds. Any converts here from the Transalp?

Hello from North Carlina. Charlotte vicinity. My last motorcycle was a '68 BSA 650 Lightning (the fastest street bike at the time). I decided to jump back in and chose the NC over the VStrom and Versys. I love it. Great bike! So much easier to maneuver than that BSA (although that BSA was fun). Road with a two guys. One had a Triumph 650 and the other a Harley Nighttrain.

Overwhelming welcomes from all you folks up in the states. I love those BSA's! never had one. Would be interested to see if ther are any 700 Transalp converts out here. Lovely bike but I was fed up with the rusting spokes and general poor cosmetic build quality. Not to forget the missing 6th gear which was annoying!

Hi
I live on the Big Island,Hawaii. I have my NC700X DCT for about 8 days now and have about 210 miles on it so far. An OEM centerstand is my only mod, though I am considering deflectors. I use a Scorpion EXO 1100 helmet. It was over 20 years ago when I last had a bike

Looking forward to usign the forum and hopefully contributing from time to time
Jimmy

Hi
I live on the Big Island,Hawaii. I have my NC700X DCT for about 8 days now and have about 210 miles on it so far. An OEM centerstand is my only mod, though I am considering deflectors. I use a Scorpion EXO 1100 helmet. It was over 20 years ago when I last had a bike

Looking forward to usign the forum and hopefully contributing from time to time
Jimmy

Welcome Jimmy.
I've had my DCT for 5 days now.
Must be tough living in Hawaii!!! lol
This should be the perfect bike to ride on in paradise.

Back